cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Hardwood
Paragon

18.9.1 does not fix mouse/system lag

I see 18.9.1 suggests the issue is fixed.  NOT! But it is a bit better.

If you drag your mouse across a couple screens a few times it will pause every time.

It's not like it used to be but still annoying even on start menu.

FWIW I installed over the top of 18.3.4

I used device manager to rollback and things are back to normal. Of course now I have to uninstall and reinstall the older version because radeon settings doesn't match. :/

Please try for yourself and post your results.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use the original thread to discuss this issue and provide your feeedback.

AMD Radeon Software 18.5.1 freezes my computer every 5 seconds

View solution in original post

6 Replies
yutamago
Journeyman III

I can confirm this!

I recorded a video of this problem still existing. Please take a look.

Radeon 18.9.1 System Lag Bug [NOT FIXED] - YouTube

I shut off my secondary screen between 00:10 and 00:30.

You can observe 9 lags between 00:16 and 00:32.

This means, the lags occur (for me) with a delay of 6 seconds after I shut off my secondary screen and they disappear 2 seconds after I turn it on again.

They do not happen if I turn off my primary screen.

You can also observe these lags in the OBS frame counter, which jumps between 60 and 38fps when I turn off the secondary screen.

Please read the video description for more info.

0 Likes

Man, it worked some drivers before. Why in the world didn't they found the change they made that caused this long standing issue until now?!

0 Likes

I still got this issue present with 18.9.1 so it isn't fixed.. still use the same bypass as i had before physically unplug my 2nd monitor when not in use will fix it

0 Likes
omarkawe
Journeyman III

i can concur. issue is still present.. IT IS NOT FIXED

iiyama24"(hdmi) & samsung22"(dvi)  / both 60hzB350 chipset (F22bios gigabyte)+latest drivers 
Win10 14393.2485 and 16299.665 both updated and on both builds the same issue, while video decoding (browers/media playback)

turning the second screen back on solves the issue..turning off > lag

0 Likes
vonchen
Miniboss

I have no mouse lag for now, but Radeon Settings super laggy randomly. Sometime it smooth sometimes it laggy suddenly.

With HDCP on / off does not make big different, but if I turned on all my displays, it will be better.

So I wonder the issue not fully fixed yet too.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use the original thread to discuss this issue and provide your feeedback.

AMD Radeon Software 18.5.1 freezes my computer every 5 seconds