cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mickwizz
Journeyman III

Threaddripper choices for gamer.

I would like to know which threaddripper processor would work best for my setup :  Geforce gtx 1080 Ti Fe in Sli , Asrock Taichi , Corsair 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme    Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

mickwizz, Amazon has the 1920X for USD 440.  Here are your specifications:

1920X.jpg

All Threadrippers have 64 PCIe lanes, maximum possible.  Enjoy, John.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Depends, are you just a gamer, or a streamer? For a gamer the 1900X would suffice, for a streamer you could use the 2950X.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

mickwizz, if you really think you want a Threadripper, please make sure you select a CPU cooler for TR4 socket that covers all the chips in the module.  Some of the older coolers do not cover completely.  Please do some research, most of the Ryzens black_zion mentions are not Threadrippers.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thank for getting back to me. I'm new to the amd world. I had been a intel guy for awhile and I like what the threadripper has to offer. Coolermaster is making water coolers for the TR4 socket but they are not out yet. I will be using their cooler once it's available. I do a lot of online gaming and streaming like Netflix . The 1920x is at a good price foe $500.00. Will this be enough lanes for the graphic card that I have. Also, when the 4K monitor for gamer works out the bugs I will be adding this to my list.

0 Likes

mickwizz, Amazon has the 1920X for USD 440.  Here are your specifications:

1920X.jpg

All Threadrippers have 64 PCIe lanes, maximum possible.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thank You. 

0 Likes