cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

scumbherg
Journeyman III

Can I install windows 7 64 bit with a10 9700e processor and msi a320m motherboard?

Can I install windows 7 64 bit with a10 9700e processor and msi a320m motherboard? Please help, I'm planning to buy a10 9700e thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

Because you did not specify which motherboard you have, you will need to check on the motherboards website.

Here is the specs from the MSI A320m Gaming Pro website...

Support for Windows® 10 64-bit

Support for Windows® 7 64-bit

* To support Windows® 7 64-bit, you must install an AMD Pinnacle Ridge & Summit Ridge CPU.

• Support for Windows® 10 64-bit

• Support for Windows® 7 64-bit

* To support Windows® 7 64-bit, you must install an AMD Pinnacle Ridge & Summit Ridge CPU.

64-bit

0 Likes

aw sorry, it's a msi a320m pro vh-plus.

0 Likes

There are Windows 7 drivers available for that APU, so yes.

0 Likes

ok sir thanks alot

0 Likes

This is from your Motherboard Manual on how to install Windows 7 on your computer:

According to MSI Support on your Motherboard's FAQ it says only with Summit Ridge or Pinnacle Ridge CPU/APU installed will be compatible with Windows 7 x64.

No harm in trying to install Windows 7 with a10 APU if there are Windows 7 drivers for that processor.

0 Likes
zozani
Journeyman III

i can say yes you can do that for sure i do that to mine

0 Likes