Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

timk
Adept II

Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 Fullscreen Fps Bug

Pro Evo 19 has the same fullscreen fps bug on AMD video cards as Pro Evo 18:

[PSA] Fullscreen mode drops FPS on some AMD graphic cards, fix inside :: PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2019 G...

+

Please Konami fix full screen lag !!! :: PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2019 General Discussions

The framerate will get stuck at 25fps when you play it in fullscreen mode. If you turn it to windowed mode it runs at 60fps. There is still no real solution to this for AMD cards like the HD 7870 and equivalent cards. I would like to buy the game but not with a bug like this. It would be great if AMD could find and resolve this bug in the driver.

The same bug was also reported for Pro Evo 18 here on this forum couple of months ago, but there was no real solution to this other than a really weird workaround (last posts), or to revert back to driver version 17.

Hopefully AMD will not overlook this bug again, since there has nothing been done for Pro Evo 18.

0 Likes
1 Solution
timk
Adept II

Seems like Konami has fixed this issue with an internal update. It runs fine now in fullscreen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
timk
Adept II

PES 19 is going to be released in a few days. Please take a closer look at this fullscreen bug on AMD video cards, or work together with Konami and find a fix, as it prevents me, and probably others too, from buying the game.

Note: Driver version 17.something works fine in fullscreen, only the newer drivers cause this issue.

Edit: amdmatt​ , can you confirm whether AMD knows about this bug yet? It seems this will not get fixed unless people repeatedly ask for a fix.

0 Likes

!bump

0 Likes

No...AMD will not know of this issue you are having unless they are notified of it using the provided reporting links. Posting in a user to user forum is not the way. If others were having the same issue, then you would have replies.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

Email Form

0 Likes

click on the links I provided in op, the steam forum is the place where people report this issue, not here apparently. I also linked amdmatt​ to this, hoping he would respond. This issue has not been adressed since pes2018, so it kind of is about time.

0 Likes

You would do better by giving anyone with this issue the links to AMD driver support.

0 Likes

Its an AMD driver issue related to pes18 and pes19, which many AMD users are experiencing and reporting in steam forum and reddit etc. I linked the sites and posted it in the AMD forum here under the section driver/software. I think I did everything right. Only a response from @amd anytime soon would be nice.

Edit: I thought if this is an AMD issue everyone with rx cards and older should have an issue with pes 19 in fullscreen, and would you look at that, I typed "rx" in the search of pes19 steam forum, and the results are clear. Almost everyone is reporting it.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/770240/discussions/search/?q=rx&gidforum=1696046976476469742&include_...

0 Likes
timk
Adept II

Let me get this right, this bug has been an issue since last years pes 18, now a year later the new game pes 19 just came out recently dealing with the same bug, and amd just doesn't care? If this game can be played in fullscreen without problems using older amd driver version 17, but is bugged when using newer driver versions, this issue is not on Konami's end right? Is this ever going to be noticed under the "known issues" section in the driver changelogs?

0 Likes

Again...report it to AMD > Email Form

0 Likes

I did, I also did it last year...

0 Likes
timk
Adept II

Seems like Konami has fixed this issue with an internal update. It runs fine now in fullscreen.

0 Likes