Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spriggan43
Adept I

Freesync stopped working.

Hi Guys and Girls,

Freesync is no longer working on my 2x Asus VG245H, it now displays "Not Supported"

The monitors have the option turned on in its monitor OBS, But Amd Radeon Settings displays that the monitors are unsupported. The freesync just stopped working.

Windows 10 with all updated,

RX480 8GB

Driver 18.9.1

1 Solution

I wasted everyone’s time, I found the problem after 2hours playing around with cables HDMI/Display port, adaptors and drivers, the monitor still displayed, Freesync Not supports.

I started looking into the Monitor ODS again, turning off and on freesync setting no change, So I factory reset the monitor settings and then enabled freesync and now Radeon settings is showing Freesync supported again.

Must be a bug with my monitors displaying settings incorrectly in the ODS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
miketal441
Adept I

I encountered the problem and for it i found a temporary workaround. Enable Enhanced Sync. This got it working for me, whether freesync is actually off or not, it seems it locks itself down to lowest possible refresh rate whenever it is enabled with certain driver versions and this does not just affect Samsung, i am using AOC G2460PF 144Hz 1080p Freesync with a RX 470 and a Ryzen CPU on latest Windows 10 1803. Tested with vkQuake and a few other low end titles, but seems good so far. 18.9.1 driver

I wasted everyone’s time, I found the problem after 2hours playing around with cables HDMI/Display port, adaptors and drivers, the monitor still displayed, Freesync Not supports.

I started looking into the Monitor ODS again, turning off and on freesync setting no change, So I factory reset the monitor settings and then enabled freesync and now Radeon settings is showing Freesync supported again.

Must be a bug with my monitors displaying settings incorrectly in the ODS