cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

i8hourz
Adept I

Radeon Settings wont install.

I have honestly no idea of why is this happening... Oh and this is how it started: It happened a month ago when I was playing Fortnite and I had horrible freezes and fps drops. I rolled back drivers to 18.5.1 I believe to play the game which worked and then I rolled them back to new ones right after and then my settings just disappeared. I can't access them and it almost feels like they're completely deleted.

However, I cannot download them anyway at all.  It tells me I have an error a.k.a 1603 and I also have tried the all the points that were provided over there and none of them fixed anything.

I've tried the amd cleanup tool and it also didn't fix anything. I've downloaded the newest 18.8.2 many times only selecting AMD Settings and it never worked.

Btw please note that my English is not the best, but I hope it's mostly understandable. Thank you. Also, I have an RX480 Video card if that can also tell something.

0 Likes
7 Replies

English is ok...you need to supply more information > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes

Just posted a reply to myself... With all that stuff that site told me to post.

0 Likes

Have you taken the necessary steps to prevent / delay Microsoft from automatically  changing/installing drivers? One or more of the methods described here > https://www.tenforums.com/gtsearch.php?cx=partner-pub-7156303416008077%3A205v6qk06j2&cof=FORID%3A9&i...

Alright i did it.

0 Likes
i8hourz
Adept I

• AMD RX480
  • Desktop PC
  • Win10 Home
  • Acer KG271 60-144Hz 1920-1080 DP
  • Radeon Software Adrenalin 18.8.2

pastedImage_1.png

And I didn't have time to add anything else than RAM:32GB

Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i7 - 6700k CPU @ 4.00 GHz  4.00GHz

0 Likes

Try this basic procedure on installing AMD Drivers. It may help fix the problem of installing the latest AMD driver.

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

Is it really such a long order to get AMD Radeon Settings Program to work? Sorry, I'm just too frustrated with everything today.