cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mnuikka
Adept I

Radeon pro wx 7100 in windowed mode

Does Amd Radeon pro wx 7100 support stereo view in windowed mode? I'm using ArcGIS 10.4 (Win10, 64 bit) and can't figure out how to get the stereoview work.

It works in Stereoscopic player but only in full screen mode.

0 Likes
14 Replies

Never heard of ArcGIS software before. So excuse my ignorance with the information I posted below:

What I do know the WX 7100 has more than enough minimum requirements for running ArcGIS software. The only thing I don't know is if it has 24 bit capable Graphics accelerator:

Graphics Features

DirectX
12.0 (12_0)
OpenGL
OpenCL
Vulkan
Shader Model

This is ArcGIS Pro Graphic GPU minimum requirements: ArcGIS 10.4.x for Desktop system requirements—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop

Video/Graphics adapter

64 MB RAM minimum; 256 MB RAM or higher recommended. NVIDIA, ATI, and Intel chipsets supported.

24-bit capable graphics accelerator

OpenGL version 2.0 runtime minimum is required, and Shader Model 3.0 or higher is recommended.

Be sure to use the latest available drivers.

Are you using ArcGIS Pro ?

Are talking about Stereo view in Window Mode using Stereoscopic Player or are you talking about Stereo view using Stereo Mapping that uses special glasses in ArcGIS software (Stereo mapping in ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop )?

This is from ArcGIS Pro link from above:

Now you can start your stereo workflow.

Shutter glass requirements

The following requirements are needed to use active shutter eyewear with stereo mapping:

• Your operating system must be Windows 8.1 or later.
  • Your monitor screen refresh rate is at least 120 Hertz.
  • Your NVIDIA graphic settings have stereoscopic 3D capabilities enabled.
Note:

Only NVIDIA graphics cards support shutter eyewear for ArcGIS Pro.You can enable your NVIDIA stereoscopic 3D settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel as follows:

1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
  2. Expand the Stereoscopic 3D section.
  3. Click Set up stereoscopic 3D.
  4. Check the Enable stereoscopic 3D check box.
Note:

Not all NVIDIA graphics cards support stereoscopic 3D capabilities.

This is from Stereoscopic Player website concerning it features on viewing: 3dtv.at - Stereoscopic Player Features

Supported stereo layouts

• Monoscopic
  • Interlaced (Field-Sequential)
  • Side by Side
  • Over/Under
  • Frame-Sequential
  • Multi-View (Tiled)
  • 2D+Depth
  • SENSIO® Hi-Fi 3D
  • SIS Attachment

The above layouts rotated by 90° are also supported. In addition, Stereoscopic Player supports separate files for left and right view and optionally for the soundtrack.

Supported viewing methods

• Source
  • Monoscopic
  • Blended
  • Picture in Picture
  • Dual Screen Output
  • StereoBright™ 2
  • NVIDIA 3D Vision
  • AMD HD3D (requires Windows Vista or better)
  • Intel Stereo Driver (requires Windows 7 or better)
  • Quad Buffered DirectX (requires Windows 8 or better)
  • Quad Buffered OpenGL 3
  • Sharp 3D Display
  • 3D Enabled DLP-TV
  • Tridelity SL Series 3D Displays
  • Tridelity MV Series 3D-Displays
  • Generic Single-Viewer Displays
  • Generic Multi-Viewer Displays
  • Oculus Rift (headtracking is not supported yet)
  • SIS Attachment 4
  • Side by Side
  • Side by Side for 3D-TVs
  • Over/Under
  • Over/Under for 3D-TVs
  • Row Interlaced
  • Column Interlaced
  • True Anaglyph Red - Blue
  • True Anaglyph Red - Green
  • Gray Anaglyph Red - Cyan
  • Gray Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
  • Gray Anaglyph Green - Magenta
  • Half Color Anaglyph Red - Cyan
  • Half Color Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
  • Half Color Anaglyph Green - Magenta
  • Color Anaglyph Red - Cyan
  • Color Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
  • Color Anaglyph Green - Magenta
  • Optimized Anaglyph Red - Cyan
  • Optimized Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
  • Optimized Anaglyph Green - Magenta

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for your reply elstaci!

I am using ArcGis Desktop 10.4. for stereo mapping

My monitor is Pluraview - Beam Splitter which is used with passive stereoglasses.

I also have an older Planar monitor which uses the same technique. It works fine with Nvidia graphics card.

With the Stereoscopic Player I have used viewing method Quad Buffered OpenGL and its shows the stereo videos but only in full screen mode when using the AMD card.

With Nvidia both full screen and window mode works fine.

Then I found this information:

"AMD - All consumer Radeon series gaming cards - Recent Radeon R7 and R9 cards do support quad buffereOpenGLGL stereo in Full-Screen mode only but do not work in windowed stereo modes. All of zSpace's education applications and most of our partner applications operate in Full-Screen mode as it is the preferred Stereo experience"

https://support.zspace.com/hc/en-us/articles/204780645-zSpace-Supported-Graphics-Cards-GPUs-

Now I'm unsure if this means that my AMD card doesn't support the windowed mode at all? Or could there still be a possibility that it could work with ArcGIS?

I can't use the ArcGIS in full screen mode.

0 Likes

The best person to answer this question is fsadough​ who is the expert on Professional GPU Cards here at AMD Forums.

If he doesn't have a chance to answer try opening an AMD EMAIL SUPPORT TICKET from here : Email Form .

You can also try and open a Post here at AMD OPENGL & VULCAN Forum. Someone there may be able to answer your question: OpenGL & Vulkan

That link was interesting, by according to zSpace, it mentioned only that it applies to Consumer Radeon GPU cards. Didn't mention anything about Professional GPU cards which is what you have.

It is possible your GPU card might work in Windowed mode but it is the AMD Driver which may not support it. Just guessing. Someone from AMD Support will need to advice you on this matter.

I saw that no one had replied so I figure I take a stab at it.

fsadough

If you are running Win 10 1803, this is a known issue and we are working on it. Meanwhile you can revert back to version Win 10 1709 and it should work in windowed mode [DirectX]

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Pro-Software-Enterprise-Edition-18.Q2-Release...

Known Issues

• User may encounter Radeon Software branding and red taskbar icon in professional mode when at least one Radeon Software for Radeon Pro gaming driver is installed.
  • Display issues may be observed while running Nuke benchmark on AMD FirePro™ W8100 and AMD FirePro™ W9100.
  • User may encounter issues with auto and passive Stereo with Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
  • Intermittent display difficulties with certain models in Siemens® Femap™ with Radeon™ Pro WX 9100.
  • User may encounter display difficulties with geometry shader in MAXON Cinema4D™.
  • System may experience hangs on Windows 7 mobile platforms after driver installation with Radeon™ Pro WX 7100.
  • Minor corruption may be seen on model with anti-aliasing modes in Dassault Systèmes ICEMSurf.

It's good to know that this is a known issue and it is being worked on!

I didn't revert the Windows version but the stereo view is currently working in windowed mode.

It seems that in our case the Stereoscopic player somehow messes up the stereo view in ArcGIS.

If the Stereoscopic player is shut down normally (X or File->Exit), the stereo view in ArcGIS will not work until the compurter is shut down and started again using power button. Restart will not work.

If the Sterescopic player is killed using task manager the stereo view in ArcGIS will work.

Sounds strange but this is how it seems to be.

Hi All

I'd really appreciate some help on this issue.  We've been using Nvidia cards to run Stereoanalyst on ArcGIS 10.1 and 10.4 and now we have to move to Windows 10 and of course, nothing works.  All Nvidia support has been removed for 3D applications even professional ones.  It's my understanding that quad buffered cards are required and we have several stereomirror setups (Planar and true 3Di) as well as a zSpace and a few 'flashy screen" systems like the BenQ 2720-Z.  We've used cards like k4200's and even quadro 2000d's to run the stereomirrors.

Does an AMD card enable stereo support in a windowed interface in ArcMap 10.4 or ArcPro?  I noticed fsadough said a year ago that it was being worked on.  Any progress?  I'm flabbergasted that Nvidia has walked away from this.

Unfortunately I'm no IT expert so I'm unfamiliar with some of the intricacies of openGL or directX which makes it harder!

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes

Hi ozplanman,

We have two stereomirror workstations which work fine in Win 10.

We also run the ArcGis Desktop 10.4. and Stereoanalyst.

The Planar works with Nvidia Quadro P2000 and a mirror flip card.

The Pluraview works with AMD Radeon pro wx 7100 also in windowed mode.

0 Likes

Hi mnuikka‌, thanks for the info.  What settings do you use?  I have a Quadro 2000D card running a True3Di monitor and everything is set up the same as it was in Win7 but it displays ok except that it's not 3D.  I have another True 3Di and a Planar here, both in Win7 and both are in clone mode and stereo is on.  One has the stereo turned on under "set up stereoscopic vision" and the other has it turned off in that location, both work fine however.  It's my understanding that turning on stereoscopic vision (where you run the stereo vision tests) is for the Geforce cards and that the Quadro cards only need 3D turned on under the 3D settings options, I may be wrong.

The other test machine is a BenQ 2720-Z running on a Quadro k4200 card with 3D Vision pro glasses using the DIN cable on the emitter.  After a lot of driver updating and installation of the older 3d Vision drivers I managed to get the emitter working with the glasses but the screen isn't "flashing" at all and hence, no 3D.

I was running the stereo tests on the BenQ and it crashed which necessitated a rebuild so I have a clean slate to work with!

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes

My settings for Planar

Nvidia control panel

•    Stereo - Display mode: nView Clone mode
  •    Stereo - Enable: On

Display settings:

• 3D display: On

The Nvidia driver version is 392.53.

I remember reading somewhere that the stereo vision test is not reliable. I have tested the stereoview with Stereoscopic player. I also noticed that it is good to reboot the computer after changing any settings.

The Quadro 2000D is launched 2011. Could it be just too old to work with Win 10?

Our previous card Nvidia Quadro FX 3800 launced 2009 didn't work with Win 10.

It's been several years since I last used active stereo display with shutter glasses so I hope someone else can help you with that!
0 Likes

mnuikka‌ - thanks!  I didn't notice what cards you're using, I think you had a P series nvidia card for the stereomirror and an AMD card for the other machine, is that right?  I'm surprised the 2000D cards are that old, they were standard on our high end machines supplied about 3 or 4 years ago.  I think the latest machines only just supplied had N series cards.  Given the removal of 3D driver support even the very latest cards wouldn't make any difference would they?

Your settings match mine, I've tried every combination.  If a newer card was likely to make a difference I'd try it.  Hoping to hear from fsadough or anyone who can shed more light on this too.

Thanks all.

0 Likes

We are using Nvidia Quadro P2000 for Planar display and AMD Radeon pro wx 7100 for Pluraview display which are both stereomirror systems.

With the old Quadro FX 3800 card in Win 10 the setting  "nview clone mode" was completely missing from Nvidia control panel. But once you can see the setting then your card should probably work.

0 Likes

Thanks mnuikka‌, after I'd updated the driver for our k4200 card there was no "set up stereoscopic 3D" option under nvidia control panel.  I installed the 3dviewer drivers separately and it wasn't until I added a new card (a quadro 2000D) and installed the driver for it, that I saw that option.  At some time later after much experimentation I saw the "DIN connector with nvidia 3dvision" option appear under 3D settings.  I have been told that the newest P series nvidia cards with Win10 drivers will work so may have to try that.

I think this is an opportunity for AMD to step up and provide cards for we 3D professionals who desperately need this facility.  Let's hope someone does!

0 Likes

ozplanman This is from Nvidia's helpdesk: "If your setup requires a 3-pin DIN cable connection, you would need Quadro P4000 or higher which support the optional stereo bracket."

0 Likes

yes, the existing card on our BenQ system is a k4200 which is a dual slot card and has the DIN connector.  Lower spec cards without the DIN connector will work in Win7 just via USB as I understand it.  I was advised by Hexagon support, the creators of the Stereoanalyst plug-in for ArcMap, that the latest P series cards will work with the latest drivers but as you're probably aware, the lowest spec card, a p2000 is about A$700.  We have many systems across the state and this will amount to big bikkies - even if it works.  I'm also concerned that we have several active glasses systems which are a bit more complicated than the stereomirror systems to set up - more to go wrong or prevent effective operation.

0 Likes