Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

arxilox
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G + Asus PRIME B350M-A = freezing + BSOD

Hello!

A BIG problem:

AMD Ryzen r5 2400G+Asus Prime b 350 m-a often freezes during looking online or offline cinema - picture stops and it sounds like "trrrrr". Sometimes after it blue screen of death appears. Then only by reset I can switch off the computer. Overclocing is switch off, temperature of processor and other components are always normal. Freezing can be after 15 minutes of watcing, after 40 minutes, can be twise during the film or can not appear at all this time. Freez corresponds to the error Kernel-power 41 (63). Sometimes there was a problem with Internet connection after reboot.

What I did for fix it:

1. Reinstall Windows many times - not usefull

2. Tested all details and OS by different software - everything is OK.

3. Windows has all last updates.

4. Reupdated the BIOS (on advice of Asus support)

5. Reinstalled all drivers

6. Connected to Internet via cable or Wi-Fi - all the same.

7. Watched by using Google Chrome or browser Microsoft Edge - on Microsoft Edge freezings appears after several brakes (picture stops, then go on again).

P.S. The computer is assembled with these components:

Processor: Amd ryzen 5 2400G box

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350M-A

RAM: Hynix [H5AN8G8NMFR-UH] 8gb

OS Windows 10x64 bit, bios 3803

Power supply: Cougar vte500

HDD: toshiba p300[hdwd110uzsva]

AMD and everyone, what can you say? Please, help!

0 Likes
44 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

You can install the new driver available here : Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Q2 2018 Release Notes

Note :  It is essential that you reboot the system after you install these drivers.

Please submit your feedback on any issues with this driver here.

yogeshve
Journeyman III

I was very frustrated with this issue and after trying everything mentioned here, I finally got it resolved by doing this -

- Update the BIOS to the latest version from here - PRIME B350-PLUS  BIOS & FIRMWARE | Motherboards | ASUS India

- Format the system and install Windows 10. Try to grab most recent version of Windows

- Before installing any drivers, install the Windows updates

- Install AMD drivers. You can also choose "Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver" from AMD drivers page or install 18.5.1 version directly. There is version 18.7.1 is also available, but when I upgraded to this version, my PC start hanging again often, so I uninstalled 18.7.1 and installed 18.5.1 again

- I have not installed the display drivers came with motherboard, and installed from AMD as mentioned above

It has been 2 days, and so far it is working fine.

EDIT:

Initially, I thought it was fixed, but then it came again. I raised a ticket with AMD, and this is what they replied

It might also chance windows update also pushing the driver update for your graphics and overwriting the current driver which result to such issues. I request you to download and install the Windows Show or Hide updates tool and run it and check if there is any graphics driver available from windows. If yes then follow the instruction to hide it. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei...

Use  DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode and uninstall the previous driver.

- Then restart your computer in the normal mode and run the show & hide tool.

After preventing driver to update via windows, I request you install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows.

Then install 18.7.1 driver - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-7-1

Surprisingly even this didn't fix the issue, so finally this helped me (fingers crossed)  -

- A clean install of latest AMD drivers, 18.8.1, which I installed from here - AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G Drivers & Support | AMD

- And setting my power plan to "High Performance"

0 Likes

I am wondering if that PSU the OP is using is causing problems

ink
Journeyman III

DRAM frequency downgrade works for me. Ryzen 5 3400G, CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

Thanks 4 all of u

0 Likes

RAM speeds vary with 2 or 4 sticks so I went for DDR4-3200 so it would cover all the possibilities

0 Likes