first sorry for maybe bad english :/

i was busy this day building up my new system as upgrade from i7 4790k

Ryzen 2700x

Taichi x470

16 GB 3600C16D-16GTZKW

MSi RX580 8GB tripple Monitor setup

850Evo 1 Tb

i had two problems after setup:

i could not shutdown / reboot the system. Windows went off, cound not be pinged but the PC was still powerded (leds on fans spin) had always hold powerbutton to switch of.

try disable fast boot, some powerstate stettings in bios.

had verry bad desktop performance. mouse lagging.slow windows opening.  benchmarks was fine. just bad 'feeling' on desktop.

i had deinstalled almost all intel stuff got bosupdate got amd chipset  18.10.0813  and GPU driver 18.8.2 (was on 18.3.3)

but it dont help. nothing better.

i grab a spare drive and installed Win10pro from scratch cause i guessed some trouble with the old intel drivers. again with amd chipset  18.10.0813  and GPU driver 18.8.2. but still no luck

got DDU and uninstaled the GPU drivers. Reboot / Shutdown works now o.O

i let windows update get drivers this time and now sitting on 17.1.1 witch works fine on the desktop.

this works on my old ssd too (the old ssd wich was in the intel system, DDU the driver and got 17.1.1)  works fine on the desktop and some games.

any hints? is there a driver only for the RX 580? No Crimson no bloat just a driver to try?

any other hints?

thank you

0 Likes
10 Replies
dabby
Journeyman III

18.3.3. seems to work..

0 Likes
dabby
Journeyman III

tryed 18.10.0830 +18.8.2 on clean Win10 install.

nope. shutter and mouselags again..

im verry disappointed… guess i will send the crap back to dealer

0 Likes

Since your new to AMD hardware, take the time to learn it. Some of the Win10 users have answered similar questions..you might use the forum search feature. Maybe goodplay​ or elstaci​ have some ideas.

Radeon™ Software Help Center | AMD

Here's a good place to start with your graphics questions > Windows 10 Help Forums

Maybe the multi monitor known issue Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 Release Notes

Only running single monitor myself. so can't help with multi setup.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

tryed single display HDMI and DVI only... doesnt help @ 18.8.2

0 Likes

First with Rzyen 2xxx CPU Motherboards, I always check to be sure that RAM Memory & Storage devices are all listed on AsRock's QVL LIst.

By your description of your RAM Part Number you seem to have a G-Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW. This RAM is not listed on the QVL list. The only 3600 RAM Gskill listed is this one: ASRock > X470 Taichi

DDR4G.Skill360032004GBF4-3600C17Q-16GTZSamsungSS2v

For QVL List for Storage, Your one terabyte Samsung 850 EVO is not listed. These are the only Samsung EVO listed in the QVL List: ASRock > X470 Taichi  (Ultra M.2 SSD - NGFF Module)

Samsung256GBPCIe3 x42280EVO 960 (MH-V6E250BW) (NVME)
Samsung256GBPCIe3 x42280EVO 960 (MH-V6E250) (NVME)

With Ryzen it is always best to have the latest BIOS installed. The latest Non-BETA BIOS is this one: ASRock > X470 Taichi

1.502018/7/47.62MBInstant FlashHow to UpdateUpdate PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.4

The latest BETA BIOS is this one :

[Beta] 1.522018/8/167.60MBInstant FlashHow to UpdateKeep the XMP setting after system resuming from S5 or G3 state.

The latest AMD CHIPSET for your motherboard are these: ASRock > X470 Taichi

AMD all in 1 driver ver:17.40.2815_WHQL

*Ryzen 1000 Series CPUs(Summit Ridge), Ryzen 2000 Series CPUs(Pinnacle Ridge)

Windows® 10 64bit

616.99MB2018/3/13 Global China
[Beta] AMD all in 1 driver ver:17.40.2815.1010_WHQL

*Ryzen 1000 Series CPUs(Summit Ridge), Ryzen 2000 Series CPUs(Pinnacle Ridge)

Windows® 10 64bit

617.25MB2018/4/25 Global China

Okay now that we got that out of the way. Try installing your AMD Driver by this basic AMD Installation procedure: (This would eliminate any conflicts with previous installed AMD drivers):

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

If you just want to install the RX 580 Driver you can go to Device Manager under Display Adapter. Then click on the RX 580 and on the Sub-menu click on "Properties" and then "Update Driver". Direct it to the uninstalled AMD DRIVER PACKAGE folder AMD that you unpacked using 7-zip or some other Compression software. Or just start the installation and once it unpacks and asks to install, Cancel the installation and you should have C:\AMD folder created.

The latest RX 580 AMD Driver is 18.8.2 from here: Radeon™ RX 580 Drivers & Support | AMD .

By the way, What size PSU do you have installed. The minimum PSU wattage required according to AMD is 500 watts.

Hey elstaci  thanks so far

The dealer recommend the RAM :/ The SSD is from my old sytem.

i got the 1.52 Beta Firmeware, and https://www.amd.com/de/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470

as Chipset Driver. will try your sugestion [Beta] AMD all in 1 driver ver:17.40.2815.1010_WHQL tomorrow on the clean Win10 Test install,.. Im not @Home today.

this seems be the only difference.. but i will try the 17.40.2815 + 18.8.2. Im Still on 18.3.3. wich seems work fine.

If you just want to install the RX 580 Driver you can go to Device Manager under Display Adapter. Then click on the RX 580 and on the Sub-menu click on "Properties" and then "Update Driver". Direct it to the uninstalled AMD DRIVER PACKAGE folder AMD that you unpacked using 7-zip or some other Compression software.

What du you think is better? Paket or single driver to test?

PSU is a 550 W Seasonic FOCUS Plus Modular

0 Likes

I guess for troubleshooting purposes only, you can do a clean AMD driver uninstall and just install the driver and whatever software it needs to run when the driver is installed by Device Manager. This might eliminate any other AMD features that may be included that might cause a conflict.

By the way, in Device Manager under Display Adapter you should have Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and not showing your RX 580 GPU card after uninstalling the AMD driver from your computer.

You also might want to reset BIOS to "Default" in case you have something configured that might be causing problems. Later on, once the computer is running correctly you can start configuring the various features in BIOS. You can reset BIOS to Default two ways, either through BIOS itself or by the motherboard CMOS switch and battery.

Later on you can install the full AMD Driver package to be able to get Wattman and other features offered in Radeon Settings. But unclick one feature from installing that is not really necessary. AMD USER EXPERIENCE PROGRAM has caused problem with other Users when installed during the installation of AMD Driver package.

thank you..

i catch a cold so not in mood to work on pc :/  Hope i can try @ weekend...

0 Likes

Hey,

the 17.40.2815  chipset Driver dont help but the new GPU Driver 18.9.1 seems have fix it for me.

i installed 18.9.1 on the Win10 only test HD and the Desktop works fine.

will try install it on my real win10 drive and test some games.

thanks so far

0 Likes