cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bvbreus09
Adept I

Upgraded GPU to the RX 580 and have been trying to install the latest stable Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 driver. When I attempt this, my screen just goes black. I have to hard shut down, boot from on-board graphics and roll back the RX 580 driver to the one

Upgraded GPU to the RX 580 and have been trying to install the latest stable Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 driver. When I attempt this, my screen just goes black. I have to hard shut down, boot from on-board graphics and roll back the RX 580 driver to the one Windows 10 automatically install. i5 7600k & 8GB RAM

7 Replies
georges
Challenger

Update Windows 10 throught Windows Update

1) Download  ->DDU ,  -> Latest Intel Driver -> and Latest AMD Driver (Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 Optional)

2) Close Internet Connection

2) Go into Safe boot

3) Run DDU

4) Delete Intel Driver (press Clean and DO NOT restart)

5) Delete AMD driver (press Clean and Restart)

For Steps 4 and 5 , Maybe you can delete them both at the same time - else follow the steps (4 and 5)

After reboot

6) Install Intel driver - reboot

After reboot

7) Install AMD driver - reboot

After reboot

8) Open Internet Connection

0 Likes

Hi,

Is 4) Delete Intel Driver (press Clean and DO NOT restart) really needed now?
Thanks.

0 Likes

You can only  delete AMD driver but if you want to update the intel drivers too its good to apply this step too

0 Likes

Ok, understood. Thanks.

0 Likes

I'll give this a try and report back.

0 Likes

I have an RX 580 and have used every driver released in the past year plus. I did not have the best of luck with the 18.5.1 driver. I personally do think the current Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 Optional is a better driver for me. I would suggest you install it, choose custom install and choose the clean install option. After installing and restarting your computer, go to Radeon Settings / Gaming / Global Settings / Global Wattman /: then down  bellow the fan settings is the "Power Limit" slider, default is centered, slide it to it's maximum all the way to the right. Typically this is 50 on RX 580s but may be different, whatever it is just go to the maximum. This should solve the black screen issues and give your game much needed stability. It is not over volting it is still normal operating range. It just raises the power ceiling giving more headroom only when needed. The default settings on many cards are not enough as they are for reference speeds and almost all cards currently sold are over clocked to some degree. So raising the power limit makes them stable.

Good Luck and report back if this does not help. There are other settings we can change but may not be needed if this does the trick.

0 Likes

Already tried that one mate and it's just the same story. I'll be honest and say that it's the ReLive I'm wanting? Otherwise, I'd just keep the driver that automatically installs so I had a look on guru3d at the selection of old Adrenalin drivers and I have it stable and well at 18.4.1 just now so I don't know if I keep trying each one released after that at a time? Or wait until they release a new driver and try that one but as for now, it seems fine and I have the ReLive I wanted.

0 Likes