1. Mainboard: MSI Gaming PRO 470x
2. graphic card: MSI NVIDIA GT1060
3. CPU: RYZEN 7 2700x
3. HDD: 1x
4. SDD: 1x
5. Netzteil: BE-QUIT Power 10 / 700 Watt
6. Speicher: 2 x 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V blackDDR4-3200 DIMM CL16
7. last BIOS Version for mainboard is in use

Now i will update the system to 64GB RAM. If i do this, the system doesn't start.

The CPU fan are running, graphic card fans are running but no reaction from system.

Can anyone help?

Best regards

Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hey John,

the system works fine with 64GB :-)

Solution:

BIOS Reset

Insert all sticks (64GB)

frequency = 2133 MHz for first step

runs very well

frequency = 2400 MHz for second step

runs very well

nexts days i will tested it with 2666

enjoy

Frank

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
abucodonosor
Adept III

Hello,

yes should be possible but you need to refer to your board manual.

Not sure about MSI but some boards will only run with ddr4-2400 for 64GB configuration ( aka 4*16GB ).

While I don't think this is the problem in this case , you should consider updating your PSU sometimes

BR

0 Likes

franklink, your MB does support 4x16GB memory.  I assume you have an old kit of 2x16GB and a new kit of 2x16GB.  Be sure to keep the kits together and identified.  I assume the old kit works.  Try the old kit in the other two slots.  Try the new kit in the original pair of slots and then the other pair.  If all these work it may be low power as abucodonosor said.  If any on the memory test fails, then start testing one stick at a time in each of the four slots to isolate the problem to a slot or a stick.  Please let us hear.  You board supports a speaker/buzzer in socket JFP2.  I suggest to get a speaker (USD or 2), so you can hear beep codes, which may help.  Enjoy, John

0 Likes

Hi John,

thanks for your answer,

I will test it at weekend.

At this time the new ram sticks are in use and works very well.

I tested all combination with new and old sticks but only two of them at the same time and all combinations works very well.

enjoy Frank

0 Likes

Hey John,

the system works fine with 64GB :-)

Solution:

BIOS Reset

Insert all sticks (64GB)

frequency = 2133 MHz for first step

runs very well

frequency = 2400 MHz for second step

runs very well

nexts days i will tested it with 2666

enjoy

Frank

0 Likes

Make sure your RAM Memory, all four are identical and listed in the QVL motherboard list for RAM MEMORY for Ryzen 2xxx CPU/apus.

Try using your BIOS in Default and see if it boots - (Clearing CMOS ).

What trouble LED are lit up? CPU? MEMORY ? also any Motherboard Troube codes if applicable?

If your computer boots up with 32 gbytes of 2 x 16 RAM Memory but not with 64 gbytes 4 x 16 RAM Memory, it COULD indicate an incompatibility issue with the four RAMs installed.

Or you have a bad RAM MEMORY Module or DIMM Slot.

0 Likes

If you want 64GB best bet is to get all 4 sticks at the same time to be sure they are the same timings etc

DDR4-3200 is not very expensive and it will run at lower speeds if the BIOS cannot do anything above DDR4-2133.

0 Likes