cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

edglez
Adept I

Fix problems whit driver optional 18.8.2 on the Radeon RX 550

Hi, I have a laptop Acer nitro 5 an515-41 whit configuartion of AMD, I tried to install Radeon ProRender for SolidWorks but requires the last updating of the drivers.

When installing the optional draiver 18.8.2 suggested for the aplication Radeon Settings, this generates conflicts whit some aplications incluided Radeon Settings which I can not access.

0 Likes
3 Replies
obsidianjackal
Journeyman III

With three updates in a row, I've had problems with updating to optional releases. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit Build 1803.

Here's some info from my Report.xml:

Hardware information
NameRadeon RX 580 Series
ManufacturerAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Device ID0x67df
Vendor ID0x1002
Class Code0x030000
Revision ID0xe7
Subsystem ID0x3418
Subsystem vendor ID0x1462
Other hardware
Existing packages
AMD Problem Report Wizard
AMD Display Driver
AMD HDMI Audio Driver
AMD User Experience Program
AMD Radeon Settings
AMD Settings Branding
Packages for install
AMD Radeon Settings
Final Status:Fail
Version of Item:2018.0827.1014.18428
Size:150 Mbytes
AMD Display Driver
Final Status:Success
Version of Item:24.20.13011.1009
Size:90 Mbytes
AMD HDMI Audio Driver
Version of Item:10.0.1.07
Size:1 Mbytes
AMD User Experience Program
Version of Item:1830.11.1.17937
Size:20 Mbytes
AMD Settings Branding
Version of Item:1.00.0001
Size:1 Mbytes

Error messages
Package Manager could not find path.
Package Manager could not find path.

Hi, If your case is similar, you may be interested in the response that I received from AMD

In the specific case of laptops, it is advisable to use drivers, tools and components, adapted to be compatible with the components, features and specific functions of each laptop, which generic AMD drivers can not do.

We recommend that you access the Acer technical support page, which uses the model or series of your equipment, access the correct drivers for it. Before installing the drivers, uninstall the driver driver, or select the Custom Install option when you fix the downloaded drivers installer, and then select the Clean Installation option, if available.

My case isn't that alike; for me, my issue is on a desktop: optional upgrades almost always cause the installation of the AMD Radeon Settings application to fail. Express and custom installations where I kept settings, discarded them, or completely uninstalling the drivers, then had it install the new drivers and settings application, made the installation fail regardless.

How I fixed that was to launch the web installer and select to install only the AMD Radeon Settings application after it failed to install the first time. Hopefully this bit of info can help.

0 Likes