cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tonzi
Journeyman III

I can't use my dedicated graphic cards.

I just brought an Acer swift 3 laptop with a rx540 graphic cards and a ryzen 7 2700u. I can't get my computer to use my rx540 when i play games. I have tried using the Radeon settings, but when i add a game in the game menu it still use my integrated graphics card. All the tutorials i can find use the additional settings option, but the option is removed from the latest version.

0 Likes
6 Replies
dstmnd89x
Challenger

What is the exact model of the laptop? The Swift line is comprised of many different computers.

I didn't think the models with the Ryzen 7 processors were offered with Polaris-based graphics... are you sure it's equipped with the RX540?

0 Likes

Yes. The model is SF315-41G-R7DZ. I brought i from Acer Swift 3 15.6" Full HD - Komplett.dk .

0 Likes

It is a special European model.

0 Likes

Ok, I didn't see anything in regards to the discrete GPU in the manual. Is there any sort of proprietary Acer-branded software or power saving features or functions that load with windows, to your knowledge? You might see some icons in the task bar related to this. If the correct drivers are installed the Vega chipset should be activated unless it's being overridden by something.

0 Likes

Sorry for the long response.

There is no power saving option feature that load with windows. I have managed to get the switchable graphic option working for one game, totally accurate battle simulation. The problem is now that i can not get any games from platforms like steam and battle.net to work. What I do is I go to the game option in the readon setting and browse for the game  launcher. Some games such at totally accurate battle simulation and some don't such as steam games.

0 Likes
unseemlyneil
Journeyman III

Hello I am having the same issue but I have an Acer Aspire E 15 E5-523G-94NQ, AMD dual-core A9-9410 and AMD Radeon R5 M430 with 2GB dedicated VRAM and cannot use the dedicated. I just want my entire PC to use the dedicated