Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

kaska
Journeyman III

Ryzen 1600 windows problem

Hello.

I bought a ryzen 1600 in April, right before the 2gen came out. In the last 10 days i had a few problems with my build with a lot of BSOD'S and random freezes. Also i had very long windows boot.

The main one i was getting was "irql_not_less_or_equal".

Already run memtest and found 0 errors.

2 days ago, i did a windows clean install, still got very long windows boot so i decided to unplug all my sata (dvd drive & WD blue 1tb that i only use for storage) and the very long boot disappeared. Now, i have very fast boots to windows and i thought everything was solved, maybe was my storage HDD causing the problem.

Today, i was watching a stream & playing World of Warcraft and my computer freezed, again.

I searched online (again) to see if anyone with a similiar build had the same problem, tried a few fixes that i found on reddit, like enabling AHCI Link Power Mangement, and it seemed to fixed it.

After that i have my World of Warcraft crashing & closing randomly with 0 error messages.

My build:

Motherboard: MSI Krait Gaming B350

Processor: Ryzen 1600

Rams: Corsair Vengeace 2x8gb 3200mhz (CMR16GX4M2C3200C16)

GPU: Nvidia 760

PSU: Corsair CX650M

SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb

I can't isolate the problem to one piece of software or hardware and im struggling with this. Can't really use the computer without getting a problem.

All my drivers & windows are updated to the last version with a clean install. Also my bios with the last build from the MSI website.

I can provide any information you guys need to help me on this.

Best Regards,

Guilherme Sousa

0 Likes
1 Reply

You want https://forums.geforce.com/ for your graphics issues.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes