cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

blueribbon3danimation
Journeyman III

i am looking pc with Threadripper 2990wx, can you Provide best congregation ?

i am looking  pc with Threadripper 2990wx, can you Provide best congregation?  i plan 64 gb motherborad and 1060 graphic card

0 Likes
5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

blueribbon3danimation, not sure how to recommend congregation.  I would suggest you start with the AMD Processor website.  It shows four MBs from different vendors.  I, personally, am staying away from the old (Threadripper 1) 'upgraded' MBs for fear of inferior VRMs.  I am also waiting till we have a better choice, lower prices and MBs that actually work.  As near as I can tell, right now the MSI X399 Meg Creation is the only MB built expressly for Threadripper 2 and I could be wrong.  My main suggestion is spend some time doing research (visit websites, forums, reviews, etc) before getting you bank loan.  As far as I am aware, all TR MBs support 128 GB memory.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

can you suggest, cabinet,smps,cosiram 3000mhz 

amd 2990wx ,1060 G1 GamingCard ,corsair ram 64 gb

0 Likes

also AMD provide cooling system with  processor ?

0 Likes

blueribbon3danimation, here is the 2990WX specifications:

2990WX.jpg

No cooler is supplied.  I am glad for this since I have never been happy with supplied coolers.  I have not built a 2990WX based system.  I am considering it but am waiting till a little settling in products and prices.  Here are my current specifications:

ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Pro Gaming, Threadripper 1950X, 2xSamsung SSD 960 EVO RAID0, 4xSSD

960 EVO on ASRock Ultra Quad, 1TB & 500 GB WD Black, G.SKILL [Flare X (for AMD)] F4-

3200C14Q-32GFX, Windows 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler,

Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.0.

I would emphasize two items in particular: power supply and CPU cooler.  I would discourage any power supply less than 850 Watts.  I would encourage water cooling for the CPU.  I made sure that my 1950X cooler covers both chips in my 1950X module.  Enermax now offers three AIO (All In One) water coolers for Threadripper.  I will probably select one of these.  The first thing to select is the Mainboard.  On AMD's Processor web site (please visit and read about the new TR 2) are listed four MBs for the new Threadrippers.  As I said above, I think three are altered Threadripper 1 boards.  I want a board made for Threadripper 2 from the start.  The new processor will demand much more current from the VRM (Voltage Regulator Module).  After the board is selected,  look at the board's QVL (Qualified Vendor List) for memory.  I lean toward G.Skill with B Die Samsung chips.  The board selection will dictate the case size.  My current board is ATX but all other TR 2 boards I have seem are E-ATX boards requiring a larger case.  The larger case also allows a larger CPU cooler and more room to work and to manage cables.  I like the NZXT cases but they discontinued the series I have now, so I may look elsewhere.  I am curious what 'cosiram' is - memory?  Hope this helps.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Antec P8 Tempered Glass Performance One Cabinet          

AMD RYZEN Threadripper 2990WX 3.0 GHz Processor          

Gigabyte X399 DESIGNARE EX AMD Motherboard              

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1x16GB)  *4                 

Samsung 970 EVO 250GB             9000

Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB Cooler               

Seagate FireCuda 2TB SATA Desktop Hard Drive               

Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5            

Corsair RMx Series RM850x 850 Watt 80 PLUS Gold      

i Final this part it's ok or anything require

0 Likes