cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

x58
Adept I

I have a segfault bug on my ryzen 5 1600 help from moderators!!

I didn't know that there was a bug with my ryzen 5 1600, cause till that day that i decided to  Download a very fresh genuine iso from Microsoft and did a image backup, and tested individual amd chipset drivers + audio drivers (EXCEPT NVidia) and everything was perfect,  low latencies interrupt on In depth test latency test
but once I installed any nvidia drivers, it will trigger the SEGMENT-bug.... cause all latencies will scale on cpu interrupts from 0 us to 155, then i noticed that my windows Start menu will get corrupted when searching apps, will not show...

So i decided to turn off SMT+OPCACHE, and finally the In depth test latency shows alll  0.030 to 6 US latency on all cpu processor

I have a ryzen 5 1600 that i bought in may 5 2017.
And A EVGA GTX 1060 acx 3.0 gpu 6gb.

But another issue that i found is that i was playing counter strike 1.6 in a server and i get ban, cause (SPEED-HACK) so its something with this CPU :/
Also i noticed too that now Latency Moon give me more Latency on Nvidia Kernel drivers....  like 1545.9581

is there any options in bios that can help me to fix this Segment fault bug? Cause im from Venezuela here situation is burning!!!! very difficult and now more with that huge salary increase from 5.000.000 bolivares to 180.000.000 more than 3000% our country is passing the 1.000.000 hiper inflation and to do a RMA i think is more expensive than buy a new cpu i think, and i dont have the money to be honest

Help!

0 Likes
5 Replies
x58
Adept I

The ban from counter strike 1.6 game was cause of Antivirus had to disable, but the Segment bug is scaring me :/

0 Likes

x58, I am not a moderator or an AMD employee.  I suggest you need to contact AMD directly by opening an Online Support Request.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thanks Mister for your answer, and yes i tried to contact for solutions instead of RMA hoping for a solution, cause i hear sometimes audio cracks.

0 Likes

"The segment bug" is an issue with pre week 25 2017 manufactured Ryzen processors under Linux under specific circumstances. If these issues are occurring in Windows after nVidia's drivers are installed, then it's a problem with nVidia.

0 Likes

Same problem on GTX 560, also friends that have ryzen 3 from july doesnt have this problem on same gtx 1060 also the issue happens on Windows too you can read on reddit.

I bought this cpu in 2017 may 3 from Newegg
Here the screenshoot not lying...

tracking.png

Screenshot_1.png

The ryzen first generation was fixed in JUNE 2017 which is week 25.
But i bought the cpu at may 3 2017 so it came with the bug, also this is very unfair to have unfunctionally cpu.. limited by a segment bug.. that also affects window i have a product of 3 year of warranty.... and no is not nvidia i tested my GTX 580 and same problem. the only way to fix is to disable SMT and thats unfair, the problem seems not to fix at all.

0 Likes