cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mrakar
Journeyman III

Some questions and strange behaviour of 2990wx

I have been testing 2990wx and 2950x for last couple of weeks and I have some questions:

• I have noticed that Ryzen Master 1.3 does not work if virtualizaion is turned on, is this normal/expected behaviour?
  • I also noticed that for some of my loads, machine runs faster when I have Ryzen Master running (why? what does it do that BIOS can not do it on its own); interestingly, cinebench runs slower, in my workloads difference is roughly 10% of performance - I have done this testing at least 20 times for 10minute workload each and I can repeat that easily

I also have some "arhitectural" questions;

• in avaliable presentation of 2990wx, it appears that there is one infinity fabric link between each die, and if I read correctly bandwidth of a single link is about 25gb/s?
  • in 2950, two active dies are connected with two IF links so bandwith between the dies in 2950 is double of what we have in 2990wx (50gb/s)? is this correct?
  • numa blocks 0 and 2 are dies connected to the ram, numa blocks 1 and 3 are one without direct RAM access?

p.s. my current setup is msi meg creation (bios v1.1), 2990wx, 32gb ram g-skill 3200, samsung evo nvme 1tb disk, PBO is activated with all default settings, win10ent

0 Likes
2 Replies
evana112
Journeyman III

I have also faced this type of problem previously. then I get some useful suggestions from mobile repair Dubai . I refer you for this site but it surely helps you to solve your problem. they give quality services.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

mrakar, I cannot answer most of your questions but suggest you contact AMD directly via an Online Support Request, this is a user forum and most here do not work for AMD (I don't).  Your Ryzen Master is DL (1.4+ is available), but for some reason it does not run if SVM is Enabled.  Here is an image of the paths in the 2990WX:

2990WX-Cores.jpg

Notice the dark areas on the upper right and lower left chips.  These have no connection to memory and data takes a double hope and no direct connection to PCIe.  Not much help.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes