Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

Feature Request - SMAA Adrenalin Implementation

Hello AMD.

In the past using the old Sweetfx library worked flawless with SMAA. Unfortunately new titles are incompatible with Sweetfx, you need to use Reshade which is bloated and causes slight frame stutter even with all the settings off. There is also UI spam on the intro with a huge box over the screen.

AMD would it possible to implement SMAA into the AA options in Adrenalin? It would be outstanding.

The standard AA options for the driver just don't cut it, quite resource heavy also.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Someone else asked a similar question here at AMD Forum: Adrenaline 18.3.3 Beta drivers Feedback - Radeon RX580 - Common Bugs .

I know that the free RADEON PRO utility is made for using SMAA but it is an outdated software made for Windows 7 and 8. SMAA | RadeonPro - AMD Radeon™ Unleashed .

Github seems to have a customize SMAA that is two years old. Don't know if you will be able to use this or not. Here is the website: GitHub - Chman/SMAA: A highly customizable implementation of Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing for... .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou the reply.

Unfortunately Radeon Pro mod is incompatible with new titles even with a custom framework. Chman/SMAA is an extension for the Unity engine.

I've tried to find any link to request features for AMD but no luck, so I thought posting here might be heard.

SMAA is an outstanding AA method. AMD you should consider this.

0 Likes

SMAA is something new to me. But from what I gathered it hasn't been updated since 2013. Github has an official SMAA page (not Unity) but the last update by the creators was from 2013. GitHub - iryoku/smaa: SMAA is a very efficient GPU-based MLAA implementation (DX9, DX10, DX11 and Op...

In my personal opinion, I believe AMD has not included SMAA since no one has updated the software. Thus it is, as you mentioned, incompatible with the latest games and DX12 and outdated.

At Github, it has the email addresses of the people who either created or improved SMAA. Maybe you can email some of them and ask them if they will ever update SMAA . That is if the email addresses are still active.

Or maybe open a thread at OpenCL​ and see if anyone is interested in updated the SMAA coding to work with DX12 and the latest games.

Has any new updated Special AA software replaced SMAA?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I understand, there are many posts out there describing the issues with SMAA and DX12. There is an opportunity here.

This is why I have posted a feature request, maybe I'm asking too much from this company, I emailed AMD directly with the request and I did get a response, but they wont give a definitive answer if they are interested or not.

SMAA is outstanding. Update the framework and name it something else, you have your new AA method.

AMD Team please work your magic and update SMAA for DX12 and Vulkan.

You would have something good here.

0 Likes