Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ouck_02
Journeyman III

"No signal" on DisplayPort on boot and low resolution

Hello,

I buy a DP to VGA adapter and it works but only on Windows.

"no signal" on BOOT/POST, "no signal" on Windows loading logo, image appears only on Windows login screen ???

If I boot on linux "no signal" at all. It's a strange problem.

This adapter needs no driver and is active: Delock Produkte 61848 Delock Adapter DisplayPort 1.2 Stecker > VGA Buchse schwarz

MB: ASRock Z68 Pro3-M

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K

RAM: 4x4Go Corsair Dominator

GPU: XFX Radeon RX480 8Go with 3 DisplayPort 1.4

PSU: Corsair 620W 80%

Monitor: IIyama ProLite E2403WS 1920x1200 16/10

AMD driver: 18.8.1

And I have a second problem: Windows shows me max resolution 1600*1200 and not 1920*1200.

0 Likes
2 Replies
ouck_02
Journeyman III

UP

I have opened a second ticket on the Delock support even if the problem seems to come from the GPU...

Finally, I have correctly installed AMD driver on Linux Mint and the image appears like Windows on the login screen but the maximum resolution showed is 1024x768 worst than Windows...

summary

1: can't see the POST

2: can't choose which OS to boot

3: can't get 1920x1200

0 Likes

The Delock answer:

The problem will probably caused by an incompatibility between your graphic card and our adapter and can not be solved from us.

The adapter is a plug-and-play device and does not require any additional driver software, because the default drivers on Windows 7 and the kernel drivers on Linux (off kernel 2.6.38) works in our tests.

The cause is most likely caused by an incompatibility, can be derived from the fact, that the boot / post is not correctly works.

Delock Support

0 Likes