cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eldeeb98
Journeyman III

I have dell inspiron 15r 5537 I have switchable graphics and games on my laptop always lag evethough I switched them to high performance..however they rarely run smoothly and I don't change anything at all!! everything is updated my drivers and window and

I have dell inspiron 15r 5537 I have switchable graphics and games on my laptop always lag evethough I switched them to high performance..however they rarely run smoothly and I don't change anything at all!! everything is updated my drivers and window and everything so what should I do???

0 Likes
4 Replies

Where are you getting your drivers from? Many think they should update to the latest driver from AMD for their laptop. They don't realize that laptop drivers should come from the maker of the laptop, as their drivers contain optimizations made for their custom settings they use in their hardware setups. This often differs from reference design and the vanilla driver from AMD don't compensate for this. So are you using the latest driver from Dell? That driver may be older than AMD's latest. If you need Dell to update their driver to the latest, you should let them know you are unhappy they have not.

Did this machine ever run well and now doesn't under a newer driver?

0 Likes

I tried installing the old driver from dell's website and it didn't also work

it works with old and new drivers but not all the time!

0 Likes
georges
Challenger

Describe exactly your system -> INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes

• AMD Graphics Card
  • AMD R9 m200X
  • Dell inspiron 5537

• Operating System

Windows 10 64bit

• Driver version installed

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1