cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bardkins
Journeyman III

black screen for 2400G

my dad was looking for an upgrade so I recommended the 2400g. I build the PC, everything runs fine, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I get a black screen. Now whenever I do CTRL+Shift+Win+B , it comes back , because I reload the drivers.  The problem is, reinstalling the drivers doesnt fix the problem. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

bardkins, thanks.  Please go to the MS Windows Media Creation site and DL the latest version of W10 and install a fresh copy of Windows.  Let us know if that helps.  The little trick you used to save a few minutes almost always creates many hard to find problems.  For a new build always install a fresh copy of Windows.  Enjoy, John.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

bardkins, with no information, no suggestions.  Please post your system specifications including power supply, versions of OS and UEFI.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
bardkins
Journeyman III

Specs:

CPU - Amd Ryzen 5 2400G

RAM -Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 (2x8gb)

MOBO -Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3 ( used boot kit to upgrade the bios )

PSU -Corsair CX750

COOLER - stock

HDD- 1TB wd blue

OS : win 10. I had it installed when using a Ryzen 3 cpu and I didnt reinstall it when switching to the 2400g.

Bios version: F22

0 Likes

bardkins, thanks.  Please go to the MS Windows Media Creation site and DL the latest version of W10 and install a fresh copy of Windows.  Let us know if that helps.  The little trick you used to save a few minutes almost always creates many hard to find problems.  For a new build always install a fresh copy of Windows.  Enjoy, John.

I didnt know you needed a fresh copy of windows, as I have always just moved the HDD over and let windows fix all the problems. I'll do so and update in a few days if I keep getting the same problem

0 Likes

bardkins, thanks.  Some get away with it and some don't.  It is a good place to start.  Please do keep us informed.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
norman_
Adept I

I've been having an issue where the machine looks locked up- no graphics and/or respolution mismatch errors.  At least in my case, when the machine go though the boot process, Windows loads, and those drivers work swimmingly.  A also had issues earlier with display, etc., (search my name) and the problem  (after 4 weeks, several mobo and APU replacements...) was finally found to be an HDMI problem.  None of my standard cables would work right.  But my 25 foot monoprice super ultra mega quality cable worked like a charm- presumably the bandwidth was just inadequate with my other generic cables.  Just a shot in the dark.

0 Likes

I am  also getting black screen error 

and i tried installing windows several times still did not help

0 Likes