cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gambit2632
Journeyman III

18.8.1 Driver issues (no drivers installed)

I have updated my Drivers to 18.8.1 however my computer says i have no drivers installed and i cannot run any games. I have used DDU and re-installed and nothing has changed. I have no idea what to do.

0 Likes
22 Replies
peccavi
Adept II

I have the same problem!

GPU: RX480
Windows 10 x64

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

peccavi​ Use the latest DDU in safe mod.

0 Likes
gambit2632
Journeyman III

Have done DDU in safe mode, rand devmgmt and this message pops up "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)" everytime I re-install 18.8.1

0 Likes

AMD software Engineers are sucks!! As well their driver, last five released Driver are very problematic.

0 Likes

Those drivers do not support windowsXP

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes

where do you see anyone writing here that he is using windows xp?
I use Windows 10 x64.

Then furnish the required info...as you were asked INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
  • CPU/APU
    • Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
  • RAM
    • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB

Graphics card info: posted
Desktop or Laptop: RX480 is desktop only
Driver version: See topic
CPU: none of interest (doesnt matter) but FX8300
Power Supply: none of interest
RAM: none of interest

0 Likes
meel
Journeyman III

I have the same problem :/

0 Likes

Hi,

I have installed 18.8.1 on Windows 10 64bit Pro 18.03 on CBB Updates.
I use Norton Internet Security.

Norton Internet Security did warn me about a problem with a digital signature today when I was uploading some test videos to youtube using AMD Connect function in the Adrenalin Driver. 
You might want to turn off Windows Defender temporarily by using Norton Trial version or another Antivirus program.

Also try just installing the AMD Driver but skip installation of ReLive?

Just a thought / wild guess based on what I have seen with this 18.8.1  driver today.

Also if you uninstall your existing drivers first, watch out in case Windows 10 64bit automatically installs an older AMD Driver whist you are not looking.
The Adrenalin 18.8.1 installer does not detect that Microsoft installs a mix of AMD Crimson ReLive 17.1.1 with the 17.4.4 drivers - those drivers are not supposed to even work with Windows 10 18.03.

You will potentially end up with total messed up driver installation of 18.8.1 over whatever AMD Driver Microsoft installs on your machine.

If you think you might be hit with that problem - see here:

Why is Microsoft Windows 10 64bit automatically installing >1.5year old Crimson ReLive (17.1.1) ...

Bye.

0 Likes

Ok I have:
DxDiag

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

System Manufacturer: HP

System Model: 24-g020

BIOS: F.05 (type: UEFI)

Processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics     (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 7098MB RAM

Page File: 4842MB used, 9422MB available

Ok so I dont know how much of that is important... anyways. I have the same issue this forum post is about. I had 18.5.1 originally before this update, and was fine. I was notified today to update. So I did per usual and let it update.. restarted the PC and bam no driver at all. So I found the driver and it will only suggest 18.5.1 which I didnt know till about the 3rd time doing this over.

So 3rd time after rinse and repeat cycles it made me go through... I do not know what to do next. I just now was looking for suggested driver and still will only allow me to download 18.5.1...

Any suggested steps welcome... I am for once stumped.

0 Likes

Out of curiosity, how did those of you with issues install the new driver. Did you allow Radeon Settings to do the upgrade or did you download the stand alone driver then install? I ask because I never use the upgrade out of Radeon Settings because of many issues in the past. I did the stand alone on 2 of my 4 machines last night and knock on wood it went good. I always download the driver, restart and turn off my AV temporarily (like others mentioned) before installing. Just curious if there is a common denominator to the current issue.

Well I used the installer to detect the new drivers. I was on 18.5.1 then each time I updated to 18.8.1 it screwed up my GPU and gave me the error message I posted above. I have sent it off for my friend to have a look not sure if I have a hardware issue as well as the issue mentioned here.

0 Likes

Your solution worked for me and I've got the lastet 18.8.1 driver now running successfully.

It's the first time that happens to me, never had any installation issues before.

To your question: I tried both ways, the update version with a clean install (as i do usually) and the big standalone file. Could not install both of them.

When deactivated my LAN device (for safety reasons) and then deactivated the protection of my Kaspersky + Windows defender i could install the driver successfully.

Thank you!

If you (or anyone else reading this post) get a chance, can you test the following please? (if you are on Windows 10 64bit 18.03)

1. Make sure you are connected to the internet preferably by ethernet cable.

2. Uninstall your existing AMD Driver using control panel -> programs-> uninstall.
3. Reboot your PC.

4. Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters. - Check that Microsoft Basic Display Adapter shown.

5. Wait for 2-10 minutes.

Does Microsoft install or attempt to install some AMD Drivers on your machine?

If it does, what driver version is reported in Device Manager?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Yep, similar for me - driver update can cause trouble hence, to be safe, I do a Custom/ Clean Install which works well.

Microsoft has some help tools for their OS that might be useful in elimination: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

wiak
Adept II

have you tried force install the driver ini file?

0 Likes
sayasukasusu
Journeyman III

Hey guys, I've recently fixed this problem and this seems like the most appropriate place for me to post my findings.

GPU: AMD RX 580

I found that when installing the drivers from the radeon settings application, I would get that error message in the device manager telling me that there was an issue verifying the digital signature of the device, however, when I installed them from the amd website:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

the problem was then solved and there was no error in the device manager and I was able to open Radeon settings.

When it checks your version just make sure to choose the option to use the local 18.8.1 drivers that you just downloaded off the site and everything should work fine as it did for me.

TL;DR: Go to the AMD Driver Support site and install the 18.8.1 update from there, don't bother trying to download it from the Radeon Settings application.

I hope everything works for you the same as it did for me.

I never let Radeon Setting update my drivers. I have had horrible luck with this myself. I am glad you figured out to download the installer and do it that way.