cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sombadgg
Newcomer

AMD Catalyst Control Center, is this still good? Can I use it to tweak graphics settings still?

Some info to help you guys answer my question

My Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8192MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (290), Display Memory: 4095 MB, Dedicated Memory: 3050 MB, Shared Memory: 1045 MB

I'm unsure about this software for 2 reason. I assumed AMD Radeon Settings software took over and replaced it and/or its possibly not supping my graphics card. (Otherwise I assume it would be downloaded with the auto-detect software.

Hopefully i'm wrong about both concerns and the software is still regularly updated and will provide me with more control over my GPU.

Any answers would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
3 Replies

I have a R9 290X and Windows 7. Everything works great for me with one exception...you must activate "Histograph" for the Profile settings to apply. Otherwise it uses the Global settings.

And: AMD graphics performance

These are the latest drivers for your card > AMD Radeon™ R9 290 Drivers & Support | AMD

Here's how to install > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Thanks for replying. I may look stupid after saying the following comment but don't ask, don't get answers mayn.

So the image you provided is of AMD Radeon Settings, I assumed this was a different piece of software all together and that it was here to replace Catalyst Control Center? Am I right ? wrong ? Let me know guys.

P.S. I'm running the AMD R9 200 series also (290 here/not the 290x)

0 Likes

AMD Radeon Settings replaced CCC long ago.

Settings/How-to guides link AMD Driver Help Portal

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes