Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

what driver do i use

So I have built my computer
ATI Radeon HD 4600 series

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
16Gb of ddr4
Msi X470 Gaming pro Motherboard

So my problem is, I need to install the driver for the ATI Radeon Hd Series. So i google the card and driver after it. go the website and look search for the card and there is not an option for just the 4600 series. What driver do i use?

Side note: I got the ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series from my uncle, not the web, I plan to get a GTX 1070

0 Likes
2 Replies

"Series" doesn't mean anything. Please select your exact card :

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

If you have Windows 8.1 or 10 installed, there is no AMD driver for your GPU card. You must let Windows Update to install the correct GPU DIsplay driver for your  Windows OS as per AMD: Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 and older Series

Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 and older Series

Article Number: GPU-624

ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization in October, 2013.

No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

The last operating system supported using the AMD drivers was Microsoft Windows® 8 with the AMD Catalyst 13.1 driver package, which can be downloaded from the AMD Driver page : http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Driver support for these products under Windows® 8.1 and Windows® 10 is only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update to allow it to automatically detect and install display driver version 8.970.100.9001

If your system is equipped with one of these products, you may consider the following options:

• Continue using the last operating system that fully supported your graphics card.
    • Upgrade to an AMD graphics product that provides Windows® 10 support. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com
      • NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as:
        • Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot
        • Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirements
        • Display with compatible connections

If you have WIndows 8 or earlier OS then you can download the driver as per kingfish​ post.

0 Likes