cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

delfin64
Newcomer

AMD graphics drivers noobie questions?

Hi everyone. I just switched to RX570 4GB(Sapphire Nitro+) and got some questions about drivers versions. In Radeon settings software all recommended drivers end with "1", but i noticed that there are releases with other numbers on AMD website. Can someone explain to what last digit in driver release mean for example 18.5.1 vs 18.5.2 etc. On AMD site with every driver release states what fixes and bugs are known, but i cant see any information about package being beta or normal drivers. I also noticed that some drivers wont recognise my card properly and instead RX570 its recognised as 580 and with some specific drivers releases using in game Adrenalin overlay(one that shows GPU usage, power consumption, fps etc.) ram of my GPU usage shows around 6-7GB as card got actually 8GB instead 4GB stated in software. Silly questions but im really lost and confused now.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hardwood
Paragon

Think of YY/MM/DD for the driver version even though the DD may not be an actual day, more of the sequential number.

On this page Radeon™ RX 570 Previous Drivers | AMD  You'll see lots of OPTIONAL, those would be ~ to beta.

You're not doing your computer any favours by trying a bunch of drivers so pick the latest non-optional for your computer and use them.

BUT

Before you do, you need to clear things out, which may be part of your other problem,  so download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and follow the instructions.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes