cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

passante
Adept I

Where to find older AMD drivers?

After the website refresh I don't see anymore the older AMD drivers, I'd like to downgrade cause I preffer how one of the oldest drivers performed.

Pls suggest.

11 Replies

Since you didn't post your computer spec as per AMD Forum. When you go to the New AMD Download Page and input your GPU for the driver you want. Once it shows all the latest drivers for your GPU look toward the very bottom of the last driver shown. You will see in small print "Previous Drivers" as per this image:

Click on that blue Link. Warning though, it will only show you a few previous drivers not all the drivers from the past.

Sorry for having misused the forum, I won't repeat that.

Thank you very much for being helpful, I did find the driver I searched for.

Thanks, bye.

You didn't misuse the Forum. In fact, must new Users don't read the rules of the Forum before posting. So you aren't alone. But to help a new User, other Users need to know the computer specs that they are dealing with.

Did you find the Previous driver from the AMD Download page?

i tried to download drivers for my laptop with hd 7610m. I follow the steps and i found that the lastest driver is Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta

I dont like to install a beta driver so i tried to found this hyperlink but it isnt there.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

0 Likes

If your laptop has an AMD APU (CPU with integrated Graphics) then you must download and install the APU driver which will install automatically the 7610m driver.

If you laptop has an NON-AMD APU/CPU then you can download the driver for the 7610M only. Seems like you have a Non-Supported WIndows version (8.0/8.1). AMD doesn't support Windows 8/8.1 with updated drivers.

Your 7610M is considered to be obsolete and not supported by AMD with updated drivers. Thus you have to two choices. The WHQL Driver from 2015 or the BETA Driver from 2016.

If you are not comfortable in installing a BETA driver than install the last WHQL driver from 2015. You have no other choice.

You can download the last drivers from AMD Download page from here: AMD Radeon™ HD 7610M Drivers & Support | AMD

Hello elstaci​. Thanks for the answer.

I know my card is considering obsolete and i don't want the lastest driver of 2019 but a the newer stable for my video card. This link AMD Radeon™ HD 7610M Drivers & Support | AMD  at windows 8.1 64bit shows me just catalyst software 

"Catalyst Software Suite" and "Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta"

Is "Catalyst Software Suite" actually a  driver or just catalyst software ?

0 Likes

The WHQL Catalyst is the whole package that includes both the AMD GPU Driver and the AMD GPU software.

The BETA driver was when the new Radeon Software first came out and replaced the AMD Catalyst software.

So it's your decision in which driver/Software to use. There are no 2019 drivers for your GPU card. As I mentioned, the HD7610M is not supported in any Windows versions any more with Driver updates. Only the two old previous driver from 2015 & 2016.

Good luck.

gresties06
Journeyman III

I have a

ASUS crosshair V formula motherboard 

AMD fx 8150 CPU

16 gb patriot viper 3 ram 

750w PSU 

ASUS Rog Strix rx 5600xt GPU

Build wont run games, Ive tried every fix. I need help. 

0 Likes

Your PC should be able to run most games, at least in low resolutions or higher.

But you need to post a more detailed explanation of your problems with the games. 

I mean I don't have anything to go on, no error codes, which games, what happens when you try to play games, etc?

See what results you get when you go to a Gaming site that tells you what games you are able to play on your PC  like the one below:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/

https://www.game-debate.com/can-I-run/?EA

Running one of those sites to see if your PC is able to run which games at what resolutions might tell you what is the problem you are having.

0 Likes

@gresties06 

Did you try using DDU to uninstall the GPU drivers and then install the 20.8.3 driver for your card? It fixes most GPU related issues on the 5000 series cards.

Download and then install this: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.3.5 (guru3d.com) Run it in safe mode to uninstall the GPU driver.

Download the 20.8.3 Windows 10 driver from here: AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT Previous Drivers | AMD install that after running DDU above.

You're also running the Bulldozer, I had one. The 8150 is "ok" but don't expect miracles out of it. some quick tips to get that 8150 moving, either get or set the RAM to 1866Mhz, 1600Mhz is the next best RAM speed for that platform.

Depending on the cooler, you can manually OC that to an all core OC, since that's an "old school" CPU. Mine hit 4.4 with 1.42v but I was liquid cooled with a Corsair H100, on a decent air cooler you can probably get 4.2 steady on 8 cores. There's some guides online that can help you find the best OC. Try to keep your CPU temp below 60c, don't bother messing with the BUS speed, only the multiplier. Never go over 1.45v on the Vcore, in fact stay as far under that as possible. Some have used 1.5v, but that's toasty CPU area. Don't use Prime95 to test, the FX series doesn't agree with it. Use OCCT: OverClock Checking Tool (OCCT) 7.2.4 Download (techspot.com)

Running the FX 8150 stock is just probably not going to have enough snot to run today's games well on any type of "max" graphics settings. Games like FarCry5, forget about it. Possibly on low graphics but it's CPU intensive and that 8150 has poor single threaded performance. If you're stuck with the FX platform, try to get an 8350 and overclock that because it's cheaper than the 8370 and overclocks better.

Good luck and hope some of this helps! I loved my FX 8150 and ran it for 5 years with an all core OC of 4.4Ghz. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
balenciagaqu
Adept I

Seems like people with 6900xt reporting exactly same problem: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/s6cy0b/6900xt_low_usage_and_power_draw_fluctuatinglow_...

0 Likes