cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

irollmechanical
Journeyman III

How long should fans run on an RX 570 at start up?

I am trying to troubleshoot an installation of an ASRock RX 570 Phantom Gaming X 4G and one thing I've noticed is that when the power to the PC is turned on, the dual fans will begin spinning and then within a few seconds shutoff (prior to boot process completing and prior to boot process stalling).

The trouble I am having (perhaps another post) is that after installing the drivers and restarting, the system will not get past the Windows 7 loading screen (the wheel stops spinning and locks up).

I suspect there is a fan profile based on temperature and at startup the GPU would be fairly low temp, so I am wondering if they are shutting off due to temp or some other issue.

1. Will the fans shut off when temps are satisfied (i.e., below setpoint)?
  2. If so, will they shut off within seconds of starting up or do they need to boot first prior to shutting off, or some other minimum run time?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Michael Collarin

PC specs:
ASRock Z77 Pro 4
Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge Dual-Core 3.1 GHz
G.SKILL Sniper 8MB DDR3 1600
Crucial M4 2.5" 128GB (boot SSD)
Rosewill Green Series RG530-S12 530W
GPU was an EVGA GeForce 550 ti. Trying to install an ASRock PHANTOM GXR RX570 4G OC

0 Likes
1 Reply
irollmechanical
Journeyman III

After speaking with ASRock tech support it seems the fans will shut off when not needed and that this could happen during start up.

On a related note, the issue with the hang up seems to have been other software on my machine. I can't pinpoint which though because I was just Uninstalling things left and right as I prepared to reformat and put on a fresh install of Windows. Turns out that I didn't need to and when I restarted after the Uninstalls, it booted just fine.

0 Likes