cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xolgorim
Journeyman III

How big is the chance for a new No Man's Sky Next optimized driver (RX580)? <10fps drops at low settings :-(

My Specs:

i5 3570k (i know it's old)

AMD RX 580 8GB

16GB RAM, WIN10

Are there maybe guides that really bring more FPS?

0 Likes
4 Replies
waltc
Miniboss

I have an R5 1600 (Ryzen) clocked at 3.8GHz, Win10x64, 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 ram, with a stock RX-480 8GB, and I'm running the game maxed settings at 3840x2160 and I average ~30-40 fps.  I don't think your problem is with your GPU....;)

0 Likes

0 Likes

@kingfish thx, that helped a bit. My problem still exists but I now know why.

Thx to PC Games Hardware. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvjPxznsHZw), sry, but its only in german.

"Next" is supposedly not optimized for 4 cores without hyperthreading at all. So it has nothing to do with the GPU. I hope Hello Games knows this and they fix it soon.

0 Likes
luisfpr
Adept II

I am wondering the same wince I have a Ryzen 1600 Overclocked to 3.6Ghz with 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 and an XFX RX 580 GTR. Average FPS are 35-52 (Sometimes 74 while looking to the sky). I think it's a driver optimization since the consoles have an APU (AMD based) and are more consistent with framerate there. Also remember Hello Games is improving the looks of the game with every update, so it does impact the graphic performance.

AMD please work on optimizing this game!

0 Likes