cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

superamdhero
Journeyman III

I accidentally uninstalled AMD catalyst control center, can't find download for windows 10

Now I can't find the download for it. I mean I can find it for window 8 and lower but not windows 10.

I have a Windows 10 64bit desktop with AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics and AMD A-6 APU processor. I also have 4GB of RAM.

0 Likes
5 Replies

AMD doesn't have any Windows 10 drivers for your APU. According to AMD Support, you need to let Windows Update download and install the correct APU Driver for your desktop: Windows® 10 Driver for APUs Supporting up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 | AMD

Windows® 10 Driver for APUs Supporting up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11

Share this page

Article Number

GPU-632

The Windows® 10 graph​ics driver for the following APUs is only available from Microsoft® via Windows Update:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD E2-3200 APU
  • AMD E2-3000M APU
  • AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series AP​Us
  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

To obtain the driver please enable Windows Update and allow it to detect, download and install the appropriate driver for the APU.

I tried to let windows update do it but it said that my computer is up to date. But when I go to my programs and apps, it says I have AMD settings installed. I can't open it. Should I uninstall my AMD settings and than let windows update find the right driver?

0 Likes

Uninstall all AMD from Control Panel- Uninstall

Then go to Device Manager under "DISPLAY" and uninstall the AMD Driver. Then download DDU from here: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.9.1 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum  and run it in safe mode. This will delete all instances of AMD software and driver in your computer.

First, make sure you are totally disconnected  from the internet before going into safe mode. After DDU finishes, reboot to the Windows desktop and reconnect to the internet.

Now have Windows Update download and install the correct Driver for your AMD Legacy Card.

0 Likes

But after I uninstall AMD off my computer will windows update 100% find the right driver?

0 Likes

It should. According to AMD, Windows update is the only way to get the driver for your AMD APU and GPU.

After uninstalling the AMD Driver and connecting back to the internet and rebooting into Windows Desktop, Windows will try to install the driver that is stored in Windows itself to give the APU and GPU functionality. Once the drivers have been installed, Windows Update will then install a newer driver if there is one.

This article from Microsoft will explain: Where Windows Searches for Drivers | Microsoft Docs .

Once you boot up into Windows Desktop, Go to Device Manager in Control Panel. Open Device Manager and see if there are any "Unknown Devices" or entries with a Yellow Exclamation point. Highlight the device that is unknown or has a exclamation on it. Then use Device Manager's feature called "Scan for Hardware Changes" . Device Manager will then find the "Unknown Device" and will install the driver it needs to get it to work correctly.

If Device Manager has a Yellow Exclamation mark on it. Click on the device and uninstall the driver. Then use Device Manager "Scan for Hardware Changes" again and it should install the correct driver. This is how this website explains it: https://www.trishtech.com/2016/06/fix-yellow-exclamation-mark-on-usb-devices-in-windows/​ - (This link concerns a USB but the method is the same for any devices that has the exclamation mark. Don't download any recommend software it would not apply to your situation).

If you still have problems post back and let us know what is happening.