cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

insaf
Adept I

AMD ryzen 2700 freezes windows 10

My windows almost every 3 hour totally freezes while I'm using remote desktop.  I believe its because of AMD CPU, see my problem   with linux AMD ryzen freezes linux

Right now it freezed for now reason

Last chipset drivers installed, what can I do? Where can I ask this question

0 Likes
15 Replies
insaf
Adept I

IMG_0262.JPGI believe this have to be somehow fixed by BIOS settings

0 Likes

motherboard? revision? BIOS version? Memory?

0 Likes

insaf, the first thing is please post all your system specifications, including power supply and OS and UEFI versions.  Did you DL your chip set drivers from the AMD driver site.  If not please do.  Is your memory on the Gigabyte MB memory QVL?  Why do you think this: "I believe its because of AMD CPU"?  Please DL, install, run and post a screenshot of Ryzen Master.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Chipset drivers up to date, power AMD mode is selected

Deepcool 530W Explorer DE530 PWM 120mm fan   - powersupply

Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H V1.1 - motherboard

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor, 3200 МГц,

1070ti gtx

High EDC is it normal?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Windows 10 1803 version. Because many people get same problems

BIOS American Megatrends Inc. F20, 06.02.2018

SMBIOS 3.1

BIOS UEFI

0 Likes

Interesting. Updated BIOS to f23, high ETC persists

0 Likes

when using the AMD Ryzen balanced power setting then high EDC is normal - don't use it!

0 Likes
ilya_rat
Journeyman III

0 Likes

You right about power - but It have to be enough

RAM: Samsung M378A2K43CB1-CTD 16GB

Updated BIOS to f23 (last available version - same). It even freezes  while browsing. Couple of times freezes on BIOS

0 Likes

insaf, if your power supply only outputs 400 Watts, that may well be your problem.  I would suggest 750 W for your system but you can probably get by with 650 W unless you want to do an upgrade in the future.  What does this mean: "Windows 10 1803 version. Because many people get same problems"?  More later.  Enjoy, John.

1) Power isnot a problem, I have played for hours without problem.

2) RAM checked - no problem

Many people really get same issues, so I said many people get same problems - but relation with AMD - just my assumption: https://www.google.com/search?q=amd+ryzen+freezes+idle&oq=amd+ryzen+freezes+idle&aqs=chrome..69i57.1...

https://www.google.com/search?q=amd+ryzen+freezes+idle&oq=amd+ryzen+freezes+idle&aqs=chrome..69i57.1...

0 Likes
ilya_rat
Journeyman III

BIOS is updated ONLY in a supported configuration or using a programmer!

After update BIOS you need to do Clear CMOS

RAM very GOOD

1- Perhaps the update procedure was incorrectly done BIOS

2- PSU (650-750W needed)

CPU cooler who?

Updated BIOS to f23, high ETC persists

You need F22, F23 or above

To properly initialize your CPU, you need AGESA version 1.0.0.2a or higher in the BIOS

0 Likes

My BIOS version now is ok, the lastest version - f23 with AGESA version 1.0.0.2a.  What do you mean

by "After update BIOS you need to do Clear CMOS" - I reseted to defaults - same problems. Last days problem comes more often - I think remote desctop using might another trigger, but error comes without even launching it.

CPU cooler Xilence A404T + external cooler

0 Likes

My windows is only with up to june updates, is july updates is needed?

0 Likes