I'm speaking about HP EliteDesk 705 G4 with latest bios and most recent drivers, everything's up to date (bios, chipset driver, vga driver, all drivers from HP).
100% perfect, no troubles!
Everything is correct, USB ports are working properly, but system contains unapproved-ware so it is required to Reimage all the stations with our image.
Device PCI\VEN_1022 DEV_43BB have another driver and the second device is not recognized.
It is possible to fix this problem MANUALY with the file: amdhub31.inf for W7
This file is inside: amd-chipset-drivers_18.10_0813\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB31_PT\amdhub\W764A
It is required to do a manual installation (on 200 computers? LOL?). Never mind - because this fix is not working well.
Result after FIX:
The system behaviour with this other driver is strange, some devices are turning off for no reason, its behaviour is a bit strange.
I wish to have same state as HP, their solution looks most clean - from point of view of long time period.
I had a discussion with HP and from their point of view its problem of AMD, we have to use their image.
But we don't want to use their image!
- I was NOT able to achieve the same state as is on the HP image.
- I don't know what it will do when a new Windows 10 version will be out, you know, during the automatic reinstallation(upgrade) Win 1803 to 1810(?).
- I didn't find an automatic way to fix this issue, manual fix is not acceptable on 200 computers.
- I will try to solve this also with HP, but they allready told me their opinion (use their image).
- This is not a new problem, problems with USB on AMD are here a long time, but I was able to handle it somehow.
- It is quite urgent, because this is not childplay anyomere, I'm not deploying computers for playing a Call of Duty, We have here 200 computers and more may come.
- It is a shame that this issue is here so long and was not solved, I met this problem last year on 2 systems.
Please, if you can, fix your device drivers, I expect fully working system after installation of chipset driver.
I have here 200 computers, so if you have some fix, I can test it on 200 same computers ;-)
Good Luck, Petr