cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

angelfire
Journeyman III

2700x not boosting more then 4.1

Hi all here is the report fo my build.  I dont oc it but on stock doesn't want to go higher then 4.1 and when i tried to boost my ddr4 to it recommended speed of 3000 it corrupt my m.2 windows and had to reinstall all.  So all is at stock any help please as i know the cpu and pc will be faster if i can get my ddr4 3000 from it stock 2100 to 3000 any ideas

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

angelfire, we need a lot more information to even try to assist you.  Please post your system specifications including power supply, UEFI and OS versions.  Please DL, install Ryzen Master, run it and post a screenshot.  The default tab is 'Current' which is read only, so will not OC your system.  How did you try to boost your memory speed?  What do you expect for CPU boost?  Here are my specifications as an example:

ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Pro Gaming, Threadripper 1950X, 2xSamsung SSD 960 EVO RAID0, 4xSSD

960 EVO on ASRock Ultra Quad, 1TB & 500 GB WD Black, G.SKILL [Flare X (for AMD)] F4-

3200C14Q-32GFX, Windows 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler,

Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.0

Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Good day John thanx for your replay

I have an Asus Rog Crosshair VII Hero X470 with wi-fi with newest bios. Rayzen 2700x 3700 mhz 1 samsung evo 960 m.2 250 gig 1 * 250 hyperx ssd 250, 2 * 2 tb mech hdd 7500rpm, 1 * 1tb mech hdd 7200rpm, Msi gtx 1050ti. Corsair 2*8gig Vengeance rgb pro 3000 windows 10 x64 pro build 17134 antec 360 aio cooler antec 700 psu.

I tried to OC the mem in bios to it recommend of 3000 and not default of 2133.

I cvan run AMD Rayzen Maters as it keeps telling me : Ryzen master can only run with Virtualization based security ( vbs ) disabled in the windows operating system. please disable vbs and re-start ryzen masters.  And i have done it 5 times and doesnt want to run

0 Likes

angelfire, my ASRock broad has this setting in the UEFI and calls it SVM (Secure Virtual Machine) - defaults to Disabled.  Please check your UEFI.  I still do not know how you tried to boost your memory.  What did you use?  Somewhere in your UEFI should be XMP settings.  XMP is eXtreme Memory Profile.  Please find and use that.  How are you disabling VBS?  Enjoy, John.

Hi there again. 

I tried to disable the vbs in windows didnt work so i did what you asked and it work but i have to enable it again as i use Hyper-v for my styding. But got the shots you asked for here are they.. I tried to oc the mem in the uefi with extream tweaker and no luck... 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

0 Likes

Good day

Just want to know if you have any idea or tips

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

0 Likes

angelfire, I should have said earlier that I am not an OCer so cannot really help you with that.  Hopefully others will offer their help.  I would also suggest you post on the ASUS MB forum and ask them.  Unfortunately Ryzen Master and Hyper-V conflict.  I have the same problem.  ASUS must call XMP by some other name since XMP is an Intel term.  My ASRock MB uses XMP term.  The ASUS forum should answer this question.  You have never said what you expect your 2700X to boost to.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes