cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pastordame
Journeyman III

New Ryzen 5 2600x, Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi Rev 1.0 won't post, CPU LED lit, "00" Debug Code.

I'm having issues with a new PC build not making it to post.

I am using a Ryzen 5 2600x that I got on Amazon, but only recently received my motherboard - a Gigabyte's AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi Rev 1.0 directly from Gigabyte. This board is supposed to be Zen+ ready. After properly installing everything, the CPU LED on the motherboard was red on power up. I double checked to make sure all of the power connections were right, no bent pins, and that the stock fan was plugged in properly. This particular motherboard has a DuelBIOS option for overclocking settings and initially read "0d" for a debug code with the CPU LED lit. After switching to the single BIOS, I got a "00" debug code with the CPU LED still lit.

I have gone through all of the possible troubleshooting steps that I know to try (reseating memory/cables, using a single DIMM in each slot, swapping out GPUs) and those recommended by trusted sources on the internet, but all to no avail. At present, I am trying to see if Amazon will exchange the CPU and also checking with Gigabyte for their insight. Is it possible to get a bad chip like that?

Here is the PC Parts Picker for what I am using:  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9pQmFt  - I have not even gotten into using the CoolerMaster AiO yet. I also have an NVIDIA GTX Titan X that I have used as an alternate card for testing, but still not getting to post

0 Likes
0 Replies