Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

panmacho
Journeyman III

AMD RYZEN 5 1600X or AMD RYZEN 7 1700X and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Hi

Can i ask if AMD RYZEN 5 1600X or AMD RYZEN 7 1700X will fully work with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit? On some pages is that they have "unofficial suport" but im not sure what they mean with this.

Will work on 100 perc with this system or in some limited mode (for example: from 8 cores will work only 4, etc...)

Thanks for answer

0 Likes
5 Replies

Microsoft officially blocks updates for Ryzen and Kaby Lake and newer processors for Windows 7 and 8.1, that is why it says "unofficial support", otherwise they work just fine.

0 Likes

That is really interesting, black_zion, please provide a link to an MS article so we can see what update version is supported.  I really do not understand why people have not moved to W10.

panmacho, can you please share your reasons for not using W10?

Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thanks, black_zion.  Enjyo, John.

0 Likes
panmacho
Journeyman III

Black Zion Thanks for your answer and links

Reason why not Win10 Hmm. I have Win 7 on 3 PCs. Im satisfied with this operating system, its very stable and have all what i need Its truth that i never tried Win 10 but i hear from each side from friends is not posible turn off automatic updates and etc. My experinces with Win 7 is that i need only operating system and Service Pack 1 for it. Never need more updates I have updates turned off All working perfectly all time. i dont need lots of GB unusable updates for me under Win 10.

When sometimes Win 7 will be on level like is now XP (no support for nothing) then will be right time for to do step forward

0 Likes