cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mrmeechie
Adept I

Will The AMD Vega RX64 support 30 bit color in Adobe Photoshop via Display Port?

Will The AMD Vega RX64 support 30 bit color in Adobe Photoshop via Display Port? I have an Eizo Monitor that displays 30 bit if the card can output it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 Replies

It'd be best to ask on the Adobe forums. While Vega supports 10bpc, I know Photoshop used to limit 10bpc to professional series cards, not consumer level Radeon or GeForce. Not sure if this has changed.

0 Likes

I can't speak to Vega but my RX580 supports 10bpc in Photoshop CC 2018 no issue with standard driver, but only over display port.

0 Likes

Worth mentioning maybe something similar for him. It did not support it until I loaded the montior driver for my monitor not the generic plug n play monitor driver that Windows loaded first.

0 Likes
mrmeechie
Adept I

Thanks all for your answers. Why do you all prefer AMD over Nvidia? Just curious.

0 Likes

My personal opinion on what I buy for my home.

I honestly own cards from both NVidia and AMD. I have had more AMD cards over the past 20 years. IMHO the AMD drivers have actually been better than the Nvidia drivers. Recently I can't deny that AMD has stumbled a bit with their new feature support but they are making progress with that every new release, aside from a very few games, the actually game part of the drivers and the games running well on even the current AMD drivers has been very good. Nvidia has kinda had a history of making great current AAA drivers, but quickly abandoning support for older titles historically, it is what brought me to AMD to begin with. I have read that many feel this way in other forums about their drivers even over the past decade, I myself had a pretty large Nvidia void until recently over that decade. I have found that the AMD drivers seem to just get better and better for aging cards and that the game support never seems to tail off. Again not looking to get into a flame war with anyone this is just my opinion, the facts for others based on what they play may be very different. For me though I have enjoyed my AMD products. That being said, my current Nvidia cards for the first time in many years seem to be working very well with everything I play so far new and old. I have however seen reports of driver issues with some games with them too. Luckily they aren't games I am playing. A lot goes into why I buy a card, the last two Nvidia cards were purely price and availability, but I have been very happy with the purchase. My current RX 580 was bought to replace my HD 7950 wich was just a great card ( and still used on my family room tv now ) and was hooked to a FreeSync monitor, so buying another AMD card was kinda a no brainer, plus being a bit of an AMD fan made it easy too! I had 5 AMD cards in a row that were top notch and 3 of those still in service. In general I like the color saturation of the AMD cards better too. I find the Nvidia cards at default are washed out looking, although you can adjust them to look the same. I also have liked XFX on the AMD side and EVGA on the Nvidia side as they has stood behind their products well when I have had issues, several other companies mostly denied claims or made things a huge hassle.

0 Likes

Thanks Pokester. Great answer.