Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

psychorealm
Adept I

AMD A12 9700P - Bionic Beaver 18.04 Graphics Issues

Hello there,

I am using ubuntu Bionic Beaver 18.04 and I have some issues with graphics, it shows some options blurry at games.

- I already checked the Ubuntu automatic updates.

- Ubuntu Kernel running at latest version "4.18.1".

I have installed only generic graphic drivers, does someone recommends an specific driver to solve this?

Regards!

0 Likes
1 Solution

I not sure if this will help or not. How to install AMDPRO drivers in Ubuntu 18.04:https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-the-latest-amd-radeon-drivers-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-l...

This might be more helpful: AMDGPU-Driver - Community Help Wiki

This website has an untrusted PPA that allows you to install AMD Catalyst Graphics driver in 18.04: AMD Catalyst Graphics Driver for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver... : “DoKomiX” team

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Saw this website about the new Official Linux 4.18 and all it new improvements including AMD Hardware: Linux 4.18 Arrives With Some Big Changes - OMG! Ubuntu!

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for you reply, I already have that one, I think that I will try with 4.18.3 (The Linux Kernel Archives ).

I appreciate your help, regards!

0 Likes
psychorealm
Adept I

Hi,

I tried to fix the issue installing the latest kernel "4.18.3 - 4.18.5" but the issue persists.

I still have issues (blurry options).

Can I install this driver for my Ubuntu 18.04.1?  AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 16.40 for Ubuntu 16.04

Regards!

0 Likes

I not sure if this will help or not. How to install AMDPRO drivers in Ubuntu 18.04:https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-the-latest-amd-radeon-drivers-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-l...

This might be more helpful: AMDGPU-Driver - Community Help Wiki

This website has an untrusted PPA that allows you to install AMD Catalyst Graphics driver in 18.04: AMD Catalyst Graphics Driver for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver... : “DoKomiX” team

0 Likes
psychorealm
Adept I

Hi,

I tried with your recommendation and the issue persists.

I think that I am gonna wait for new release.

Thanks for your help, cya!

0 Likes