cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ghalian
Journeyman III

Updated video card software, suddenly I get runtime error 91 when I try to start this game. Windows 7. Pictures of error within.

Trying to run a game I've played for to long. Suddenly after an update to my video card drivers it doesn't work. If I disable my video card I can play, but there must be another way to get around this error? Based on all I've read, this is related to Excel, which is not related to the game at all.

Windows 7 64 bit.

I've attached a picture of said error. Thanks everyone.

https://imgur.com/a/q1riXVE

0 Likes
5 Replies

Without any info, its hard to answer INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Hey there, King! Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll get all that info for you right away.

1. Microsoft updates are all installed.

-Graphics Chipset

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

-Desktop

- Windows 7 64 Bit

- Radeon Software Version

18.8.1 Adrenelin (it should be noted that before I installed this, the game worked perfectly fine)

-  LG TV HDMI Connect

-  Gigabyte Technology,

BIOS Version

BIOS Date

2012/03/06 22:07

BIOS Part Number

113-AD42200-102

- Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

- 8GB of Ram.

Thank you kingfish

0 Likes

"AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series"..does not tell us what graphics card you have. There are many HD 78xx SERIES cards, 7850,7870,etc

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

My apologies, I have the Radeon HD 7850.kingfish

0 Likes

You don't necessarily need to install a driver because it's new. If you are having no issues that a newer driver 'fixes', stay with what you have. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

These would be the latest drivers > AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 Drivers & Support | AMD

These are previous drivers for that card > AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 Previous Drivers | AMD

Make certain your Win7 is fully updated and you receive the message that there are no more available.

Clean install the AMD driver of your choice > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes