cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

succor
Journeyman III

FirePro W2100 and DP 1.2 Multi-display setting issue

Trying to connect up to four Dell U2417H monitors to a W2100 using DP 1.2 and MST from a single port. I can get all four monitors to duplicate the first monitor, but I can't get them to extend. Dell response was that I should max out at three monitors...fine, but still can't get the third monitor to display unless it is duplicating the second monitor. Purpose is to provide a bigger workspace for design diagrams. My config is: (FirePro W2100) DP --> mDP (2417 #1) with MST set to On; (2417 #1) DP --> mDP (2417 #2) with MST set to off; (2417 #2) DP --> mDP (2417 #3). This is a WIN 10 box and the display settings show #3, but it is grayed out. Is this a configuration issue, card limitation, or something else?

0 Likes
1 Solution
fsadough

Indeed W2100 is capable of supporting only 2 displays:
With two discrete DisplayPort outputs with DisplayPort 1.2a support, the AMD FirePro W2100 can drive one 4K display at 60 Hz or drive up to two 4K displays at 30 Hz. 4K displays and content required

https://www.amd.com/Documents/W2100-Data-sheet.pdf

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Post the exact Windows 10 version plus AMD Professional Driver installed. What software are you using - AMD Eyefinity?

What resolutions do you have all four monitors on. This is something that fsadough​ can probably assist you with.

This is what fsadough​ requested with another User having problems with multi monitors and a Professional GPU card installed:

Re: Problem with Radeon Pro WX 7100 multi-GPU eyefinity

fsadough

Please provide your system details:

• Motherboard
  • CPU
  • Monitors, make and model?
  • How are the monitors connected to the graphics cards?
  • What is the application you will be running?

WIN 10 Enterprise

Intel Xeon CPU E3-1225 v3

Dell U2417H Monitors currently set at 1920 X 1080

AMD FirePro W2100 Driver version 15.200.1045.0

DP to mDP from Graphics card to monitor then daisy chain/MST

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

0 Likes
fsadough

1. In your primary monitor settings please make sure MST is enabled and also the DP is set to version 1.2
  2. Since you are trying to daisy chain three monitors, then you MUST enable MST on your secondary monitor as well and also set DP to 1.2
  3. Only the MST option on the very last monitor should be set to OFF

BTW you are using a very old driver, please try the latest driver 18.Q3? Your driver is very old.
FirePro™ W2100 Drivers & Support | AMD

Settings are as you suggest.

I will work on getting the driver updated.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks for the time.

0 Likes
fsadough

No it is not. Please read your statement again:

My config is: (FirePro W2100) DP --> mDP (2417 #1) with MST set to On; (2417 #1) DP --> mDP (2417 #2) with MST set to off; (2417 #2) DP --> mDP (2417 #3). This is a WIN 10 box and the display settings show #3, but it is grayed out. Is this a configuration issue, card limitation, or something else?

0 Likes

Apologies for implying that it was that way originally...Settings were changed as you suggested...only change to the outcome is that Windows now only recognizes two monitors and the third monitor displays a duplicate of the second monitor. Sorry for the confusion.

0 Likes

Try to connect the third monitor to the W2100 directly. In this case you need to turn off MST on your second monitor. See what happens.

0 Likes

Monitor 1 with DP 1.2 enabled, MST ON and directly connected to W2100 via DP --> DP cable. Monitor 1 is then connected DPout --> mDP to Monitor 2 with DP1.2 enabled, MST off. Monitor 3 with DP 1.2 enabled, MST Off and directly connected to W2100 via DP --> mDP cable. Result:Window 10 recognizes third monitor, but it is grayed out and monitor is black. Monitor indicates no signal, but if I disconnect Monitor 1 from W2100, Monitor 3 displays as expected (i.e. cable is good), "main display".

If I change Monitor 3 to DP 1.2 enabled, MST ON and directly connected (no change to Monitor 1 and 2 config), results are the same.

0 Likes

Have you contacted DELL? I will test the W2100 with a MST-Hub

0 Likes

Started with Dell...They recommended also bringing it to the AMD community, that is how I got here. Thanks for the time and effort to assist.

0 Likes

U can upgrade to Radeon Pro WX2100, if you need three displays.

0 Likes
fsadough

Indeed W2100 is capable of supporting only 2 displays:
With two discrete DisplayPort outputs with DisplayPort 1.2a support, the AMD FirePro W2100 can drive one 4K display at 60 Hz or drive up to two 4K displays at 30 Hz. 4K displays and content required

https://www.amd.com/Documents/W2100-Data-sheet.pdf