cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

remmert1
Journeyman III

When attempting to play a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray movie using PowerDVD 18 Ultra I get an error message that says I need to install SGX PSW runtime and to click on Install. When I click on Install it says: The installation was unsuccessful because this platfo

When attempting to play a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray movie using PowerDVD 18 Ultra I get an error message that says I need to install SGX PSW runtime and to click on Install. When I click on Install it says:

The installation was unsuccessful because this platform does not support SGX, or is disabled in BIOS.

System Information:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming mother board

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080

Pioneer PIO-BDR-211UBK BD/DVD/CD Supporting Ultra HD Blu-Ray Playback

From what I have read (so far) it seems that SGX is Intel platform specific. I have to believe there is a work around for AMD. If not this is a MAJOR issue.

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

remmert1, Google says SEV/SME in Ryzen is kinda like SGX in Intel.  It is beginning to seem like everyone has forgotten how to search the Internet.  I would suggest you look in your UEFI for SEV/SME and if not found (probably), make sure SVM is enabled.  SVM is what it is called in my ASRock UEFI and means Secure Virtual Machine.  I must Enable it to run Hyper-V, MS's Virtual Machine.  Please post what you learn so we can all learn something.  If this does not help, ask your SW vendor how to run their application on an AMD rig.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Went to Cyberlink Support and found this concerning PowerDVD 18 Ultra:

PowerDVD 18 Ultra/Live

Operating System

• Ultra HD Blu-ray: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit with 2015 Nov. updates)
  • HDR10: Microsoft Windows 10 (with Fall Creators Update; Nov. 2017)
  • Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and TrueTheater 3D Playback: Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1/8, 7 with Service Pack 1
  • VR Mode: Windows 10/8.1/7 with Service Pack 1

Processor (CPU)

• Ultra HD Blu-ray: Intel 7th generation (Kaby Lake) Core i processors and above that support the Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology.
  • VR Mode: Intel i5-4590, AMD FX 8350 equivalent.
  • Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and TrueTheater 3D Playback:
    • Blu-ray Disc playback: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66GHz), AMD Phenom 9450 (2.10GHz).
    • Blu-ray 3D playback: Intel Core i5, AMD Phenom II X4.
    • TrueTheater HD** and TrueTheater 3D** for Blu-ray and HD video: Intel Core i5 (with 4 Cores), AMD Phenom II X6.
    • DVD playback: Pentium 4 (2.4 GHz), Athlon 64 2800+ (1.8 GHz), AMD Fusion E-series & C-series.
  • Note: ** some Fox titles released from Jul. 2013 will not support TrueTheater HD or TrueTheater 3D.
  • 4K Ultra HD with Hardware Acceleration:Intel 3rd generation Core i5.
  • Note: CyberLink PowerDVD supports 4K Ultra HD video in H.264 / MP4 format at bitrates up to 60 Mbps.

Looks like Cyberlink PowerDVD is not compatible with AMD Processors as far as Ultra HD BLU-RAY is concerned.

FYI: Your motherboard has a very new BIOS update if you are interested:  X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

F3

8.27 MB

2018/08/08

1. Update AGESA 1.0.0.4

This is the BIOS Settings for SVM which is disabled normally from your Motherboard's Manual:

0 Likes