Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gfernandes
Newcomer

AMD Radeon™ R9 M265X Problem

Dear Support Staff (if you even care),

In june of 2015 I bought a laptop (Toshiba Satellite P50-B) that came with a AMD Radeon™ R9 M265X and Intel® HD Graphics 4600 GPU's.

2 and a half years in and my pc freezes 5 minutes in from starting it. The problem wasn't the operating system since I did clean installs of both windows 8.1 and 10 (due to corruption of files that came from the frozen state).

Since I couldn't solve the problem, I sent it to a store to do the troubleshooting. Basically, the AMD GPU heat conducter broke and therefore couldn't cool the system.

Of course I didn't like to ear this, since I always cared to use only on desks and didn't use it crazy amounts of hours (since I spend most of my day working).

The system was then sent to the AMD representative in Europe to be tested and to know how much the repair would cost.
Turns out the GPU processor is done for and they aren't made anymore. A 2,5 year GPU can't be repaired at all. Simply amazing.

To use the pc the AMD GPU needs to be disabled and I can only use the Intel one.

The only way to really repair it is by changing the whole motherboard, which wouldn't be cost efficient since I could buy a new pc for the same price.

The driver update system is also laughable (to say the least), having constant problem with all of them.

I can't even count how many times I had to do a clean uninstall just because a "stable" version only caused the GPU to not be detected.

I've had 3 AMD GPU's through my life and I'm simply tired of all the headaches that I got from them.

I was an idiot for thinking that you could do better and kept buying your products but enough is enough.

After this, I rather spend more money in someone else than go through problems like this again.

Best regards.

3 Replies
dir3tech
Newcomer

i just got this Pc 1 week ago because the grahique card and i got the same of your problem

that not fair i spend much money to buy it

it was work good 1 week ago i was playing metal gear V without any problems but i just woke up today and  the whole pc froze after 5 min

and i couldn't even boot to the windows anymore so i formate the whole windows to new one but after trying to install AMD driver i got the problem again

the pc froze

0 Likes
bickysharma
Journeyman III

I too have the same model i.e Toshiba Satellite P50-B. I was using photoshop and all of a sudden the system froze. I switched off the laptop and tried to restart it. But it used to get stuck after the Toshiba logo. I formatted the laptop using each and every windows. The format process runs smoothly but when I try to install the graphics driver, the laptop freezes again and again. I tried to install the driver from the official website and driver pack. But none of those were successful. I am tired of repeating the process again and again. Please, suggest any methods if u have any idea regarding this problem.

Best regards.

0 Likes

if got a toshiba qosmio x70-b-102 with the same graphiccard , AMD r9 m265x. same Problems. My LapTop is freezing by some games, all times. i tried all Driver from AMD and Toshiba.

No Driver work. Maybe it is a Problem with Intel?

0 Likes