Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

johnnyboi420
Journeyman III

Computer Crashes while using Fuse CC Beta or Photoshop

Hello.

I have been having this issue since late February when I had bought a 2200g to upgrade from my FX 8350, and ever since I have my computer crashes whenever I use either Fuse CC Beta or Photoshop, the CPU is not overclocked and is set to the base clock, the APU isnt being used as I am using a 1050 in my system.

What I have done to try and fix:

Changed Power Supply from 500w to 750w - didnt fix

Purchased a 1050 - didnt fix

Reset the BIOS - didnt fix

If you want specs:

ASRock Gaming Fatal1ty X X370

8GB Kingston Hyper Fury X

Galax GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 2200g

I have a fear it might be the CPU, I wouldnt want to go and buy a new CPU or mess around with my PC hardware, can someone help me fix?

0 Likes
8 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

What motherboard BIOS version are you using?  You should be on version P4.50 or higher.

0 Likes

im using the latest one which is P4.80

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

johnnyboi420, please DL a copy of Ryzen Master, install it, run it and post a screenshot of it here.  Use ONLY Ryzen Master to measure CPU temperature and compare to AMD published limit.  What CPU cooler are you using?  Here are AMD's specification for your processor:

2200G.jpg 

Please look in "C:\Windows\Minidump".  If there are any files in the folder, please compress the folder and attach it here.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

ill do that once im home, I am using the stock cooler

0 Likes

By any chance is your Hyper FURY X RAM memory listed in the QVL List for your Motherboard and Ryzen APU? ASRock > Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X  (there are several models of the Fatal1ty X370 Gaming Motherboards).https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#Memory 

Ryzen CPU/APUs seem to be sensitive to RAM Memory not listed on the QVL List of the motherboard.

Sometimes updating the CHIPSET and BIOS helps make the Ryzen APU more compatible.

Latest CHIPSET with VGA Driver (BETA):

[Beta] AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:17.40.3765_WHQL

*A-Series APUs(Bristol Ridge), Ryzen 2000 Series APUs(Raven Ridge)

Windows® 10 64bit

563.80MB2018/4/25 Global China

Latest BIOS:

2018/7/128.19MBInstant FlashHow to Update1.Update PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.2 Patch A
2.Keep the XMP setting after system restoring from G3 state.
* If the current BIOS version is older than P3.50, please update BIOS to P3.50(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.
Global China

Note: Make sure this is the correct Motherboard Model before installing any driver or BIOS.

Have you check with Adobe and see if there are any updates or patches for the software you are using?

Here is Adobe Support FAQ concerning what GPU cards are compatible or what the GPU Card minimum requirements that is needed to run Adobe Photoshop: Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

This is the latest Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics driver set for Desktop Windows 10: Drivers | GeForce .

Try installing the latest version and see if it makes any difference. If not try to install a previous Nvidia Driver and see if it more compatible or works correctly without crashing.

0 Likes

Yes it is listed in the QVL, its the 2400 model, I have the Gaming X model. Would I need the VGA Driver thing although I run Nvidia?. I also have the latest nvidia driver which is 398.

0 Likes

by 2400 I mean 2400mhz

0 Likes

The All in One AMD Driver is I believe the CHIPSET plus the VGA driver for the Ryzen APU.

0 Likes