cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bipolarsuxs
Journeyman III

Has the 18.8.1 Update killed any ones video cards?

I have an RX 470 4BG and ever since the new driver I have been unable to accomplish anything but a crashed hard drive, repeated reboots, a clean install, a restore, and a ten minute BIOS boot. Never have I experienced anything like this after in install for a video card.

0 Likes
7 Replies

Nope, my card working fine.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

, Thanks.

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Pfffffffffffffffffffffff

0 Likes
katengi
Journeyman III

After upgrading from version 18.3.1, which worked properly, the mouse on the desktop, or in applications, stops as you go along.

Changing the mouse settings to show the pointer trail seems to work, but when you try Battlefield Hardline the graphics give you flips, just like the mouse did.

Playing videos also makes stops.

I tried to restore the system to a previous point, but it doesn't restore the Radeon driver. I also couldn't find the previous driver to download it.

18.5 also fails me.

0 Likes

We are investigating the issue. This usually affects systems with more than 1 monitor.

A workaround is :

Open AMD Radeon Settings

Open the Display tab and select the affected display

Click on Specs

Click on Override

Disable “HDCP Support

insanecowboy
Journeyman III

i have the same card.  but 18.5 works fine for me so i am back there untill they can figure out the issue.  this whole thing is making my ears listen a litle more when my friends say i should switch to nvidia

0 Likes

I now have an RX 570, a new SATA hard drive, the 18.8.1 driver has had 0 issues even with overclocking.

0 Likes