cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

damer
Journeyman III

When I updated my driver to 18.7.1 and 18.8.1 Fortnite randomly crashes, well it doesnt really crash you can still hear the sound of the game and your team chat but it just stops working and you cant close it afterwards. This doesnt happen with the driver

When I updated my driver to 18.7.1 and 18.8.1 Fortnite randomly crashes, well it doesnt really crash you can still hear the sound of the game and your team chat but it just stops working and you cant close it afterwards. This doesnt happen with the driver version 18.5.1, so i guess its a driver issue. But does anyone maybe have a solution or knows why this is happening?

Edit: What I also recognized, is that if you start fortnite through the radeon settings software, you always must sign in first and more important, if you start a game you will get to the the loading screen but you dont spawn into the waiting lobby, you just get back to the home screen (where you can see your skin) and get an error message that says: "There was an error! Please restart your client. Error 0". (This happens everytime even after restarting)

0 Likes
1 Reply
cyt_subzer0
Journeyman III

I also experience this problem, but after clean installing 18.8.1, the game crashes 'cleanly' or doesn't have a ghost window where the sound works fine but the actual game won't even show up. I just switched over about a week ago to AMD GPUs and these problems are very new to me, since I was previously using a GTX 1050, so I'm afraid I can't help you much other than trying to clean install the latest drivers from the website and possibly try clean installing fortnite. Also, by pressing 'ctrl + x' and pressing 'a', you can clean/ repair your systems by doing commands such as 'DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth' and 'SFC /SCANNOW'. Otherwise, just stick to 18.5.1 until the next fix for the drivers comes out.

Other errors I have noticed in fortnite are the glitched terrain / guns and invisible guns.

The terrain will go in an infinite line across the screen

Some guns will do this too (thermal when not scoped)

All guns when not from a chest, another player, loot drop, or loot llama will be invisible. If anyone has a solution to these issues, please say something.

Error 1603 – A General Error Has Occurred During the Installation of the AMD Software Package | AMD

Specs:

CPU: AMD  FX-6300 Six-Core Processor

RAM: 12GB

Storage: 4TB HDD + 240GB SSD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ultra-Durable (forget the exact model)

GPU: Power Color AMD Radeon rx580 8GB

PSU: EVGA 850BQ

0 Likes