cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tasadar101
Journeyman III

Radeon installer runs in the background, application window isn't coming up.

Hello, I'm Taz.

Recently I've been trying to install the latest driver 18.8.1 for my Rx 580. However, after downloading the installer and letting the files go into its folder. The actual install that normally would come after simply runs in the background.amd issues.PNG

I'd like to install the latest driver but even after restarting my computer, this issue persists. I don't get a window, I merely get a background process and nothing else happens. It's quite frustrating when these problems happen because I've no clue how to fix it.

To reiterate once more, I've downloaded the 18.8.1 driver to install, the files extracted into their C drive folders as usual but nothing else happens after aside from an annoying background process that leads nowhere.

0 Likes
2 Replies
tasadar101
Journeyman III

As an additional note, I've tried using the minimal installer as well, the files look to have been placed correctly after the initial download but nothing else happens from there. Just as with the driver, it simply runs in the background doing nothing.amd files.PNG

And after trying to launchprocess issues.PNG either programs it creates copys of the issue.

0 Likes

Progress report. After about an hour of leaving the background process alone. The window has finally appeared. I'm going to try and follow the instructions and hope it works.

0 Likes