Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cmporter
Journeyman III

which card for 6x1 eyefinity displays ?

Hello,

I have a Gigabyte Radeon RX VEGA 64 GAMING OC 8GB HBM2 Graphics Card but I can only get 5x1 displays spanning max even though I'm using 2 3 port displayport mst adapters. (and have tried all possible combinations)

So my question is which is the card to go for, for a 6x1 setup.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Make & Model of the three MST that you are using and how are all three connected (all connected via DP right)?  Make & Model of all six monitors and  what resolutions are they are running on the MST.?

Is the MST DP 1.2 or  1.4?

Could one of the cables be bad or one of the MSTs be bad?

According to Gigabyte, Your Vega64 allows 6 monitors to be hooked up. 3 by HDMI and 3 by DP.

0 Likes

Hi elstaci, thanks for taking the time to respond.

The MSTs were Startech MSTDP123DP  (1.2)

DisplayPort 1.2 MST Hub | Video Splitters | StarTech.com United Kingdom

I did try a number of different cables and and different driver versions. It does seem to be a built in limitation.

Note I was able to connected 6 monitors individually ( no eyefinity / spanning ) or create a 3x2 eyefinity setup but otherwise the max available was 5x1 for a long strip setup

Note under the display adaptor information it was showing the monitors as 3 DP and 3 HDMI no matter what configuration I attempted. That was the same as if when I connected  3 monitors to the 3 HDMI Ports

The monitors were Benq (GW2270-T) and Acer (G247HYL) both 1920x1080.

I wonder if any of the gaming cards support this setup or you have to go the pro range, (which are pricey) ?

0 Likes

Try opening a AMD EMAIL SUPPORT ticket and see what they advise. I am not really familiar with Multi Monitor setups. With EMAIL Support they will reply back to you. You can open a ticket from here: Email Form .

I asked the questions in the previous comment because that is generally what an AMD expert of Professional cards asks besides Windows version and Driver version installed. In this case, I didn't mention the AMD expert since he only deals with Professional card issues.

0 Likes

Makes sense, thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.

0 Likes