cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

svk
Journeyman III

Do 18.8.1 drivers support APU processors?

Release notes don't seem to say that drivers support APU graphics, but it still offers those drivers to APU users? Is this Error in notes or driver distribution?

0 Likes
20 Replies

You have to be more clear > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Did you manually search for your driver?

Have no idea if you are talking about a desktop or a laptop..and that is a big difference, but not all APU's use the same driver version as a discrete card ...but the 'Supported products'' list the APU's. Again, it is not the same for laptops.

0 Likes

I did search manually drivers for desktop ryzen 2400g and it seems to suggest to download 18.8.1 version, even thought 'supported products'-tab says latest APU supporting driver is 18.5.1 . I ask again: is there some kind error in release notes or download section?

0 Likes

That info helps alot.

Where are you reading 'APU not supported"? The 18.8.1 drivers do not support Ryzen 2400g.

Radeon Software for Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Release Notes

AMD Ryzen Product Compatibility
Radeon Software for Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics is compatible with the following AMD Ryzen products.

Ryzen Desktop Product Family Compatibility
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software for Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Ryzen product.

• Windows® 10 (64-bit version)
0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

But isn't that page refering to older drivers? And like I said, drivers supported products tab don't say about 18.8.1 drivers APU support.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

They are not older drivers. They are the latest drivers for a Ryzen 5 2400g with Vega graphics. You are looking/reading the Vega graphics...which are available as stand alone discrete graphics and either Win7 or Win10.

AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Compatibility

Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on Windows® 10 64-bit.

AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Compatibility
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
0 Likes

And it still suggest 18.8.1 when you search drivers for 2400G?

0 Likes

Nope.

Download Drivers

APU / Processor with Graphics

Desktop APU / Processor with Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

I seriously have to ask if you did even check what was behind link you did post. If you press to find 2400G compatible drivers, it gives exactly same view of drivers what I found on manual search. It still suggest to download 18.8.1

0 Likes

i don't know how i can be more clear. Your APU determines the graphics driver and the latest one is the 18.5.1. Forget about RX Vega,

Just look at this..again. Very simple...one driver to install. You can look at the other APU's and see that they are using different/various drivers.

Desktop APU / Processor with Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

There is a discrepancy between the 'supported products'  and the 'read me' files on the drivers selected with the manual download. The driver version is 18.8.1 but the 'read me' and the 'supported products' refer to the 18.5.1. My usual download source for APU's is Desktop APU / Processor with Graphics Drivers and all familiar APU's have the latest updates shown...as well as the 18.5.1 driver for yours. I will ask for clarification on this.

0 Likes

I have asked for clarification...will respond back when I hear.

0 Likes

I have seen this previously, where the top 'Supported......Release.......' refers to older driver, where as the 'Release notes' link between the two drivers is the current driver(but no APU listing this time).

I checked several desk/lap/apu card versions and the template is the same(no APU products list). Someone from amd must have been in a hurry to go fishing.

It would be confusing.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
georges
Challenger

Yes 18.8.1 has support for APU

Yes Ryzen 5 2400g supported

0 Likes

Screenshot_20180813-170012.png

0 Likes

We have been through that. On the 18.8.1 drivers...read the 'supported products' and the 'read me file'...they refer to the 18.5.1. Now look at the drivers shown here > Desktop APU / Processor with Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

Yes, 18.8.1 page doesn't display apu as supported products(wrong from and becausd it has support )

I have 2 apu laptops and it works properly

0 Likes

We are not talking about APU's in general. Many APU's use the 18.8.1...many don't. Do you have the Ryzen 5 2400g ?

0 Likes

Look inside inf folder of 18.8.1

It supports this APU

AMD make a mistake in 18.8.1 page amdmatt​ check this

0 Likes

Do you have a Ryzen 5 2400g ?

0 Likes

AMD updated Desktop APU / Processor with Graphics Drivers it now shows the 18.8.1 as available and supported.

0 Likes