cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

texasgal
Adept I

Fresh Install - Code 43 w/ Vega 8

Hi all! I just wanted to double check on a problem I am having. I just built my first PC and so far everything has worked fine. I just want to check regarding a Code 43 I have.

This pc has a fresh Windows 10 Pro install so there should be no conflicts otherwise. I currently have installed an RX 470 GPU. I also have an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega 8 on it. Obviously I don't need both of these running, but the driver for the Vega 8 is showing an error in the Device Manager window. When I click it, it simply says, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)." For reference, all I have installed so far regarding these devices is the latest Adrenaline software that supports both items.

So my question is, is the Code 43 error simply due to the fact that the RX 470 is the dominant GPU and the Vega 8 has no other purpose to run? That is perfectly fine if so, obviously the 470 is what I want to keep as my primary. I just want to make sure there are no hidden problems I need to be checking for. This is my first time building a computer from scratch so I just want to make sure there is nothing I need to check for or worry that I have a bad chip. I know I don't need the Vega 8 at this time, I just want to make sure it is okay otherwise in case my primary GPU ever fails. I'm not really sure how to diagnose this otherwise.

Thanks for any help in advance. If I can provide specific details or information, please ask and I will respond asap.

Desktop:

Windows 10 Professional

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G w/ Vega 8

ASRock A320M-HDV Motherboard

EVGA Bronze 500W PSU

8GB DDR4 Memory

Radeon RX 470

1 TB WD Hard Drive

Radeon Adrenaline Software/Drivers 18.8.1

Monitor w/ DVI connector to the RX 470

Message was edited by: Lyn T
Fixing some typos.

0 Likes
7 Replies
noodles59
Miniboss

Code 43 is mostly hardware related, like bad contact or insufficient power, but your GPU is part of CPU die hence it should work once all power plugs are inserted.

Thanks for the reply. I'll double check that everything is secure on that side.  I would think so though since the CPU itself seems to be running fine today. I'll double check the contacts just to be sure!

0 Likes
crazydiamond
Journeyman III

I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same hardware.  The video card drivers work fine, but I can't get that exclamation point to go away.  I've tried everything I can find online short of reinstalling Windows again. 
As for a power issue?  I have a 630w power supply.  And how could the connections not be secure on the motherboard?  If they weren't, the computer wouldn't even start.  Perhaps you thought the OP meant that it was the CARD that was giving the error?  Because it's not.  It's the onboard graphics.

Sorry for the delay in responding this weekend. I found the issue for my system at least and hopefully it will help there.

It seems as though for me both GPUs (dedicated and Vega 8) are installed and working correctly. The error seems to come from the fact that the BIOS has my dedicated GPU set as my primary display adapter (as it should) and the onboard graphics (Vega 8) are just taking a backseat and not loading up entirely.  As a result, Windows 10 is displaying an error as if the device has an issue.  To test this I went into my BIOS settings and swapped my primary display setting to the onboard Vega 8 graphics and then booted into Windows. Both devices then show up as working correctly and without issue! So it seems it is just a reporting issue and nothing was wrong with the device.

Obviously after testing I swapped it back to how it should be with the BIOS settings (primary display using dedicated GPU). The error came back when I booted into Windows, but I'm okay with that so long as I know technically nothing is wrong. So hopefully this is the same issue for you and not anything more serious.

Edit: As a small side note, I just want to clarify that I am on the 18.8.1 drivers as well.

Good troubleshooting.

Don't know if this is the same for other Users with similar Hardware. But I suggest you send in a AMD ISSUE REPORTING so that AMD SUPPORT becomes aware of your observations. AMD Issue Reporting Form .

If this is something normal for the Drivers with a Ryzen APU then it should be changed so that in BIOS whether the iGPU or the dGPU is primary, it would not show a Yellow Exclamation mark suggesting something is wrong and giving the Users the wrong impression.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I have the same issue but when switched to the integrated graphics as primary the first time and i boot up it works fine, but then i turn off the pc and when i turn it on again it doesn't display on the gpu nor the integrated graphics. The only way to fix this is to clear the bios but i still cant use the integrated gpu.

0 Likes