cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

drakonieyah
Journeyman III

Where is Wattman?

Hello everybody, I come to you with a big problem. So I updated the graphics card driver of mine, because my game wasn't acting like usual, it was laggy, and usually that solves the problem. However, I updated my driver, and the game kept crashing on start. The game in question is PUBG. Now, I tried a lot of crash fixes for it, that are related to it, but none seemed to work. However, I noticed whenever I'd start the game, it would pop out a message, about "Wattman failed to initalize, settings reset to default" or something along those lines, as a notification, but I couldn't look at it later in the notification tab. So I tried to look for it in Radeon Settings, but I can't seem to find it, where other people on youtube go to it. I have Overdrive though. Here, let me show a picture. This is a computer, not a laptop, and my config is the following:

• AMD Radeon HD 7750 (GPU)
  • AMD FX-6300 Six-Core 3.30 Ghz (CPU)
  • 8 GB RAM
  • MSI 890GXM-G65 (Motherboard)

wattman.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
g3b
Journeyman III

I had the same issue with Wattman (game profiles not working). When I went to driver 18.7.1 the issue is solved for me. Am using amd athlon IIx3 435 cpu & windows 10 1803 with an RX460 radeon card. I would suggest doing a clean uninstall with DDU software.

Good luck,

g3b

0 Likes

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..