cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rtk39
Newcomer

Lag spikes playing any game

Whenever I play GTA 5 or GTA 5 Online, the game runs perfectly. It’s really smooth, and runs well. A few minutes into the game, I get these lag spikes that last for about 3 to 8 seconds long, and it really makes the game unplayable and it’s really a struggle because I cannot aim, or shoot correctly. In a few seconds it goes away, but repeats itself. It never used to do that. I have tried adjusting my AMD Radeon settings and ingame settings, but I do not know what I am doing half the time, and I really just need a fix. Please help me with whatever I need to do and it will be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
Brenner
Journeyman III

Did you manage to solve it?

I know this post is quite old, but I think we have the same or similar problem.

Does this used to/happen in other games as well? The same thing is happening to me but it isn't just one game.
It has happened in Rocket League, Counter-Strike 2, and Counter-Strike Source so far. It doesn't happen in the new Forza Motorsport. (I'm only playing these games atm, so idk about other games).

Already tried installing the minimal and "only the driver" option when installing gpu driver.

I was thinking about installing an older previous driver to see if it goes away but idk.

Specs: 6750XT, 5800x3d, MSI B450m gaming plus, ddr4 32gb @3600MT cl18, nvme.

0 Likes
kdangs
Journeyman III

also happening to me predominantly fps games - CS2, The Finals and Valorant.

FFXIV Online is fine… 

on the latest driver 23.10.2, 6900 XT, Ryzen 7 78003XD CPU, 1000w PSU, Win11

Some things i’ve tried with no success:

- modified registry to disable the known GPU shader cache issue which causes stutter -> worked for 1-2 days and now issue is back

- disabled free sync in Adrenaline software

- enabled overlay in Adrenaline however stutter still remains

- disabled hardware acceleration on steam, discord, chrome

I’m also stuck myself… Only started having these issues this year and even with a new upgraded parts for my rig, issue remains so it is definitely the GPU! 

Would appreciate any help also. 

0 Likes