cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

samuutts
Adept I

Problems with the game Overwatch error "AUPmaster.exe" gives me screenshot when playing

hello I am having problems with a game called overwatch I was talking to a technician and he told me that it is a problem is amd and they can not do anything about it, they told me I will contact you. the problem is "AUPmaster.exe" and I really hope you can help me because what I read is a radeon setting program that collects game information from our PC and thanks for your response.

0 Likes
67 Replies

Opt out of it in radeon settings ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I did not understand the answer but I want to exclude myself if that is what gives me problems in the game and it is very ugly

0 Likes

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

orry but I can not find "leave AMD expirence program" in the radeon setting interface

0 Likes

Did you click on the drop-down to see your options?

Please furnish > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Please furnish a screenshot of your 'Radeon Settings' (as pictured above)

0 Likes

oh ok it's okay

CONFIGURACIÓN DE RADEON 14_8_2018 18_49_38.png

0 Likes

computadora de escritorio componentes:

cpu:ryzen 7 1700

motherboard:asus tuf b350m-plus

gaming bios version 4011

ram: 8 gb ddr4 2600mhz

placa de video: radeon rx 560 series

windows 10 64bit

tengo problema con el juego overwatch al jugar me da un pantallaso de cualquier color y solo es en este juego ya  hable con los tecnicos y me dijieron que era un problema de AMD(placa de video)para ser mas exactos

resolution 1920x1080 game overwatch all high / medium to about 100/90 fps so the technicians told me (overwatch) the error is "AUPmaster.exe

0 Likes

This option should be there whether you chose to join the  "AMD User Experience Program" or not when installing the drivers.

0 Likes

I know but I do not get the option that I have version 18.8.1 adrenalin so what solution do I give? (I leave an image of what appears to me in radeon setting)

CONFIGURACIÓN DE RADEON 14_8_2018 18_49_38.png

0 Likes

Try going into Windows 'Services' and see if you can find this program there. Then disable it so it won't start or run...

0 Likes

By any chance, see if AMD User Experience Program is listed in Control Panel under Uninstall.

Found this website that shows all the files and where they should be located. This way you can delete it manually as a last resort:

A way to uninstall AMD User Experience Program Installer from your computer

This page contains complete information on how to remove AMD User Experience Program Installer for Windows. The Windows version was created by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.. Check out here where you can get more info on Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.. Click on http://www.amd.com to get more facts about AMD User Experience Program Installer on Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.'s website. The application is often located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\Performance Profile Client folder. Take into account that this path can differ depending on the user's choice. AUEPAC.exe is the AMD User Experience Program Installer's main executable file and it takes close to 36.00 KB (36864 bytes) on disk.

The executable files below are installed together with AMD User Experience Program Installer. They take about 205.00 KB (209920 bytes) on disk.

• AUEPAC.exe (36.00 KB)
  • AUEPDU.exe (57.00 KB)
  • AUEPLauncher.exe (9.00 KB)
  • AUEPMaster.exe (75.00 KB)

...click to view all...

The current web page applies to AMD User Experience Program Installer version 2.00.0000 only. Click on the links below for other AMD User Experience Program Installer versions:

...click to view all...

I did everything but I did not find any AMD User Experience Program Installer folder or anything like that. some help xD

0 Likes

Then it is best to uninstall the AMD Driver and reinstall it again. This is the correct Graphic driver for your RX 5xx series GPU Card: Desktop .

Follow this basic instructions on how to install the AMD Graphic Driver:

install AMD driver :

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows MUST be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all  the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" Updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) downloaded  from Wagnardsoft Forum in safe mode to eliminate all traces of the current AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C:\AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot.

3) Go to Device Manager and click on "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you manually downloaded. Make sure to disable the Internet to prevent Windows Update from installing a newer version. Also configure Windows to prevent it from updating Drivers via Windows Update. Also it has been mentioned to disable any Anti-virus programs before installation of AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C:\AMD folder from the Root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6)Enable both the internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check to be sure your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

It is possible your Driver was corrupted when you installed it or downloaded it.

By any chance can you run DXDIAG and upload the file to this thread.

I realize your native language is Spanish so if you have problems understanding what is posted let us know.

Also is the file called AUPMaster.exe or AUEPMaster exe . ​If it isn't AUEPMaster.exe than AUPMaster is concerning some other program.

Thank you very much and if I am Argentine to be more specific and if I am going to ignore you and I will uninstall drivers and reinstall everything again thanks for your contributions I wish you a great day greetings

Just to add, when you install, choose the Custom Install option and check that the user experience option is not ticked/enabled.

CONFIGURACIÓN DE RADEON 14_8_2018 18_49_38.pngI already installed everything again but I do not see the option that?

0 Likes

after reinstalling the AMD Driver, Are you still getting the Error Message when playing Overwatch?

Also I found out that Overwatch has a new Patch that came out in August 9, 2018. I don't know if this patch is automatically installed when you play the game or you need to install it manually. Here are the notes for the latest Overwatch patch: Patch Notes

0 Likes

hello and if the overwatch patches are installed automatically and now I'm going to see if the screenshots continue to happen thanks

0 Likes

I will explain better the problem I have when playing overwatch gives me a screenshot of any color (red, blue, orange, etc) and the technicians of the overwatch told me that the problem was AUPmaster.exe, they told me and it was not solved just He gave me a screenshot.

0 Likes

Is it possible to upload the screenshot that you are talking about? 

You keep mentioning AUPmaster.exe but that is not a AMD file. AUEPmaster.exe is a AMD file. It seems like you don't have that file installed, so your problem is something else.

See if you see AUPMaster.exe file running under Task Manager (DEL+ALT+CTRL)  or try typng the name of the file under "Search" in the WIndows Menu and see if the file shows up on your computer.

If this only happens on this one particular game then it could be a problem with the game itself.

Run DXDIAG.exe. Then click on "Save All Information". This will produce a DxDIAG.txt file which you can upload here or use a Zip program to compress it into a Zip file and attach it to this post. Sometimes DXDIAG will indicate what files or programs are having problems with. I just want to see if AUPMaster shows up in DXDIAG.txt.

You can also download a small program called AUTORUNS (gratis) - Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs  . It will show you all the files/programs that are running on your computer. You then can check to see if you see AUPmaster or AUEPMASTER is running.

I would go to Overwatch Forum and post your question there. Someone may be having a similar problem and may be able to help you.

You can also try and use an older version of the AMD Display Driver and see if your problem changes or is fixed. Here is where you can download previous drivers for your RX 560: Radeon™ RX 560 Previous Drivers | AMD

0 Likes

I joined the User experience thing...and it added this to my 'Services'....check and see if you have it...you can disable it from here.

0 Likes

Good point. Does it also by any chance show up in Task Manager as AUEP running anywhere?

What gets me is that if it is installed why doesn't it show up in Radeon Settings or possibly under Control Panel - Uninstall?

0 Likes

Yup...several instances in Task manager..had to use 2 screenshots to show them all...

0 Likes

I strongly suspect that the OP won't find any of those files installed. Maybe you might be able to see what his problem is if he should upload a Screenshot of the game or error message that is occurring.

The OP mentioned that someone told him it was due to AUPMaster.exe. How that person came to that conclusion I don't know.  But the OP keeps mentioning about "I will explain better the problem I have when playing overwatch gives me a screenshot of any color (red, blue, orange, etc) and the technicians of the overwatch told me that the problem was AUPmaster.exe, they told me and it was not solved just He gave me a screenshot"

​I wonder if AUPMaster.exe is actually a file in Overwatch game.

0 Likes

What I don't understand is why he doesn't have the option in 'Preferences' to join it or leave it. The minute you do, those entries are gone.

0 Likes

the truth is that I do not understand either because that option does not appear to me

0 Likes

Who is the card vendor? Asus?

0 Likes

Can you open 'Services' and take a screenshot ?

How to open Services in Windows 10 ‹ Ten User

0 Likes

Exactly, It doesn't show up in his Radeon Settings so it must not be installed. At least, not active. As I mention in my last comment, I suspect AUPMaster.exe might be a file that gets installed by Overwatch or the Overwatch Tech Support needs to clarify exactly what program that file belongs to. 

0 Likes

I explain better the I sent the technician a DxDiag and msinfo from there I draw the conclusion that it was AUPMaster.exe. what generated the problem

0 Likes

can you upload the DXDIAG file here also?

0 Likes

tomorrow I spend the conversation I had with the overwatch technician because it is already late in Argentina

0 Likes

if tomorrow I give you the DxDiag file

0 Likes

here I give you the screen that gives me the overwatch when playing and a question how can I upload the DxDiag file because here it does not let me

IMG_20180815_233057899.jpg

0 Likes

When you reply, go to the upper right corner where it says " Use Advanced Editor". Click on that.

At the bottom right corner, you will see see three actions. One has a paper clip with the name "Attach".  Click on that and direct it to your DXDIAG.txt file. Follow the instructions. When you hit "Add Reply" it will automatically download and attach that file to this post.

Most likely, it won't go through immediately. It most likely will need one of the AMD Moderators approval before being posted. Once approved all Users will have access to the file in your comment.

0 Likes

ready here you have the DxDiag file

0 Likes

One problem is with this WIndows service : WpnUserService.

Copied from DXDIAG:

Problem signature:

P1: svchost.exe_WpnUserService

P2: 10.0.17134.1

P3: a38b9ab2

P4: QuietHours.dll

Q5: 10.0.17134.165

P6: a4eee2d0

P7: c0000005

P8: 000000000004bae4

Follow this link (Windows Push Notifications User Service (WpnUserService) Defaults in Windows 10 ) on how to restart this service. Than run this command in a elevated Command Prompt: SFC /scannow. This will fix any corrupted Windows files or replace any missing files. If not let me know what it says.  Muy Importante!

Another problem in DXDIAG is :

Firma del problema:

P1: EpicGamesLauncher.exe

P2: 7.14.2.0

P3: 10.0.17134.2.0.0

Another problem and this could be the reason why your game is crashing:

Firma del problema:

P1: Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_1.16.1004.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

P2: praid:App

P3: 1.16.1804.1004

P4: 5b494667

P5: combase.dll

P6: 10.0.17134.112

P7: fad18dc5

P8: 800f1000

P9: 0000000000010de0

Follow this link (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update )or this link (How to turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 ) to disable the XBOX and GAMING features of Windows 10. Once you disabled these features go and play your game again and see if it crashes. If it doesn't, this means that this feature was causing your problems.

0 Likes

At Blizzard (Overwatch) Support found this interesting information about crashes: Overwatch Lockups and Crash Errors - Blizzard Support

Overwatch Lockups and Crash Errors

Updated: 2 months ago

Article ID: 41969

Relevant Games:Common Problems

If you experience a crash with a blue or black screen error message, a crash to your desktop, or if your computer locks up while playing Overwatch, make sure your computer meets the Overwatch System Requirements.

If your system meets the requirements, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.

1. Update your drivers to resolve any compatibility issues.
  2. Close all other applications to resolve software conflicts and free up resources.Note: This includes any Overlay programs you may be running.
  3. Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files.

XBOX and GAME DVR are Overlay so there is a strong reason for DISABLING WINDOWS 10 XBOX and GAME BAR. I believe this might be the reasons for your crashes and not AMD Driver. In Fact, DXDIAG doesn't even mention any AMD Files as having problems. It is possible that when you installed the AMD Driver you fix the problem in DXDIAG.

If disabling XBOX and GAME BAR doesn't resolve your crashes.Then follow the link in Step 2 and start the computer with a CLEAN WINDOWS ENVIRONMENT. then play the game and see if it continues to crash.

Finally do step 3 and use the Repair Tool link to repair any damaged game files.

0 Likes